Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not often I get to break any news/rumours but I have a mobile tech doing my CCS upgrade now - sounds like the remaining 2 V2 stalls from Aviemore are going to Thurso which would cater for the NC500 crowd and extend the coverage about as far north as you can go on the mainland. Edinburgh Newbride site may move but that may depend on how much business transfers to the Glasgow and Aberdeen SCs when they come online
Good, but Thurso currently has a number of CPS rapid chargers. Would be more use further east towards the north east corner. Having said that, its definitely better than none though

Thurso? Thurso!
Wherever next, Rockall?
Enough plutonium still on the beach at Dounreay to power it for years. Look, in all seriousness, I had to pull a lot of strings to arrange Thurso so Rockall is a stretch. Will you settle for moving the 2 v2s from Edinburgh airport to Lerwick? “Live it - VisitScotland.com”. Hospitality currently shut

Good, but Thurso currently has a number of CPS rapid chargers. Would be more use further east towards the north east corner. Having said that, its definitely better than none though

I assume you mean West, not much to the East of Thurso!

My last trip to Thurso, I couldn’t get a charge at Scrabster and the one at Park Hotel was out of order (working now according to Zap-Map) so this is more than welcome!

CPS are great when they work but just too unreliable.

My last trip to Thurso, I couldn’t get a charge at Scrabster and the one at Park Hotel was out of order (working now according to Zap-Map) so this is more than welcome!

Agreed. Thurso also useful as will be near the ferry to Orkney. Aberdeen, when it comes, useful for boat to Shetland. CPS not dependable, sadly - though some locations more robust than others. Talked to a chap with an e-tron today (only one I've seen so far in Edinburgh) and I wouldn't want to rely on CPS when away from home.

Not often I get to break any news/rumours but I have a mobile tech doing my CCS upgrade now - sounds like the remaining 2 V2 stalls from Aviemore are going to Thurso which would cater for the NC500 crowd and extend the coverage about as far north as you can go on the mainland. Edinburgh Newbride site may move but that may depend on how much business transfers to the Glasgow and Aberdeen SCs when they come online

Not sure if Thurso would need planning - my source had spoken to an installation engineer which implied they might know the intended site and I didn't find anything here Simple Search but perhaps planning not needed where it's going in?

Enough plutonium still on the beach at Dounreay to power it for years. Look, in all seriousness, I had to pull a lot of strings to arrange Thurso so Rockall is a stretch. Will you settle for moving the 2 v2s from Edinburgh airport to Lerwick? “Live it - VisitScotland.com”. Hospitality currently shut
Yep I'd vote for that.. I know 4 others that would to!! It'll never happen though.
Aberdeen SC supposed to be opening imminently and the superchargers "by the end of the year" last I heard.

A reminder for anyone travelling north on the M6 that the Penrith/Tebay Services Superchargers CAN be accessed despite being located within the southbound part of the services. The problem is that when you set this Supercharger in your navigation you WILL be misdirected (by the nice satnav lady) to take an unnecessary round about route to get to the other side. You just have to ignore the routing instructions. Enter the services as normal and the route from north side to south side is signposted. When you get to the southbound side, via a back road over a couple of bridges, there is a no entry sign and "access for hotel customers only" but you just drive through. The Supercharger has always operated in this way. Oh, and don't get so relaxed that you forget to drive back over to the north side before rejoining the M6 :eek: !!

[Tebay Services has been voted the best in the UK in the past so stopping there is usually a pleasure. Good food, farm shop, duck ponds and a generally pleasant environment.]

Wyboston is a fully fledged V3, pic attached for those who have had bad experiences. I didn’t preheat and hit 220kW peak (literally drove 10 mins so the battery pack wasn’t overly warm).

Speed definitely dependent on battery pack size and SoC
B4CAB1EF-0886-410E-8EEE-13E3389243FF.jpeg

A reminder for anyone travelling north on the M6 that the Penrith/Tebay Services Superchargers CAN be accessed despite being located within the southbound part of the services. The problem is that when you set this Supercharger in your navigation you WILL be misdirected (by the nice satnav lady) to take an unnecessary round about route to get to the other side. You just have to ignore the routing instructions. Enter the services as normal and the route from north side to south side is signposted. When you get to the southbound side, via a back road over a couple of bridges, there is a no entry sign and "access for hotel customers only" but you just drive through. The Supercharger has always operated in this way. Oh, and don't get so relaxed that you forget to drive back over to the north side before rejoining the M6 :eek: !!

[Tebay Services has been voted the best in the UK in the past so stopping there is usually a pleasure. Good food, farm shop, duck ponds and a generally pleasant environment.]
Same applies for Woodall services (accessible from the northbound services via the service road)

shame the food and environment quality isn’t matched

• Informative
Reactions: davidmc and Adopado
I assume you mean West, not much to the East of Thurso!

Doh, facepalm moment for sure. Yes, west. I just noticed there were 2 CPS in or around Thurso, compared to the north west corner have 3 out of order in a row - Durness, scourie, lochinver