Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

What insurance to go for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to have Geico. I carried an umbrella policy to increase the coverage limits. That might work for you. You should confirm with the bank that issued the lease (I didn't have the same constraint).

I am leasing with Tesla leasing. I found a $500k liability with progressive. It is a $500k csl (combined single limit) I don't know if it will work. I am too scared. The delivery is coming near and I don't wanna lose the car because of this

I'm not sure if they check your insurance regarding those details at delivery... But I specifically asked about CSL, they checked with their manager and said no.

I guess what most people do is adding an umbrella. Also, there are companies that provide $500k coverage (e.g. Amica).

I'm not sure if they check your insurance regarding those details at delivery... But I specifically asked about CSL, they checked with their manager and said no.

I guess what most people do is adding an umbrella. Also, there are companies that provide $500k coverage (e.g. Amica).

So I spoke with Tesla Leasing today. They said $500k CSL is accepted and there is a max deductible limit of $1000. GAP insurance is included in the lease.