Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does M3 go for EPA filing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After hearing about the recent delay in MS 100D delay at the EPA, now I'm wondering when Tesla will submit the M3 for EPA approval. The MS 100D took 2 months if I heard right, so if Tesla wants to release the M3 in July, they will probably need to submit to EPA in May. Does anyone know if there are way to find these filings?

I'm sure that the Tesla employees responsible for getting EPA results are working closely with the EPA to prevent a recurrence of what happened - either by submitting early enough to deal with a "don't give a crap" attitude, or scheduling time with specific EPA employees/teams if they actually care.

There was a post recently, maybe when the 100D first was noticed to be delayed, that the vast majority of 'EPA ratings' are accepted by EPA from the manufactures provided data and the agency does not run its own tests. IIRC, it was something around 85%. So expect that is how the Bolt received its rating prior to production.
I think part of the issue with the 100D was due to timing. Not to take this in a political direction, but it's been reported that many departments within EPA have essentially been blocked from performing their job since he chance in power.

• Informative
Reactions: Waiting4M3