Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

which nozzle on pressure washer to clean MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
Wanted to get some foam cannon cleaning going to clean the MX. Was wondering which nozzle on the pressure washer do you guys use to safely clean the MX. Also any power washer recommendations would be great.

Or do you think its safe to just take it to a car wash....which doesnt seem like it.

Thanks
V

I stick to 40 degree nozzle and electric pressure washer. This blows off the heavy dirt prior to hand washing and aids in rinsing with minimal water use/waste.

Here are some (long and often boring, also overly-detailed but intriguing) videos to watch:

I use this pressure washer which I find to be JUST FINE despite this one-sided whiny review:

I stick to 40 degree nozzle and electric pressure washer. This blows off the heavy dirt prior to hand washing and aids in rinsing with minimal water use/waste.

Here are some (long and often boring, also overly-detailed but intriguing) videos to watch:

I use this pressure washer which I find to be JUST FINE despite this one-sided whiny review:

I use electric with 40 as well. Make sure to stay a few feet away from the paint (a bit hard for the roof) as the output is very powerful. I slipped once and a finger got in the stream for a split second; the part that went in the stream was gone. Even at 40 degrees, if you get too close you'll destroy your paint.

LOL - not if you live outside of California where we get dirt, snow, mud, etc. if my car is a little dusty I will use waterless but the heavy dirt needs to be rinsed first.

LOL, we get a little snow in CA (taken last weekend);)
IMG_1917.jpg

Reactions: BLKMDL3
I only hand wash mine and it turns out great!
Here's what you'll need:
1. A bucket
2. A wash towel like this - Amazon.com: Korean Plush Edgeless Detailing Towels 16"x16" 4-pack (Blue): Automotive
3. A drying towel like this - Amazon.com: Zwipes Auto 892-2 Microfiber Premium Plush Cloth, 6-Pack: Automotive
4. A No Rinse wash like this - Amazon.com: Optimum (NR2010C) No Rinse Wash & Shine - 8 oz.: Automotive

There's plenty of YouTube vids to show you the method. I use 2 gallons of water total to wash my car now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7LiR1l9ZVk