Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some help!! I have a '17 MS 100D with MCU1, FSD paid for, upgraded computer and cameras. I asked why I still haven't been enrolled to beta (opted in over a year ago) and was told that I need to upgrade to MCU2 because the Tegra system couldn't handle FSD. I stated that was incorrect, that vehicles with MCU1 have FSD and they said I would need to provide VIN numbers as proof. Looking for people to send VIN numbers to prove the service center wrong. Thanks
What firmware version is on your Model S?

… was told that I need to upgrade to MCU2 because the Tegra system couldn't handle FSD…
If you get that in writing, it will be a help to you and others in getting MCU2 upgrades. You’re going to need the upgrade if you want FSD anytime soon.
I stated that was incorrect, that vehicles with MCU1 have FSD and they said I would need to provide VIN numbers as proof. Looking for people to send VIN numbers to prove the service center wrong. Thanks
The version of FSD that was installed on those few MCU1 vehicles was subject to a recall. And no version has been released since. So although there are a few VINs, giving them to the service center won’t help.

Also, as Mike is alluding, they also won’t downgrade your firmware.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
Downloading 2022.8.10.17 now. MCU1 with FSD computer and upgraded cameras. Never had the chance to try FSD could this be it? I will report back. I’m doubtful it’s FSD beta.
Nope. Confusingly, FSD Beta is in 2022.8.10.10 (10.69.3.3), 10.15 (believed 10.69.3.3) and 10.20 (believed 11.x). Non-FSD software versions use numbers not divisible by 5 for the last part of the version number. About 10x as many folks appear to be running non-FSD as the FSD version.

I went from 2022.8.10.8 in December 2022 to 2022.8.10.10 in early January 2023 (rolled out on NYE). Holding on 10.15 for now, although 10.20 is downloaded and ready to install.

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
Nope. Confusingly, FSD Beta is in 2022.8.10.10 (10.69.3.3), 10.15 (believed 10.69.3.3) and 10.20 (believed 11.x). Non-FSD software versions use numbers not divisible by 5 for the last part of the version number. About 10x as many folks appear to be running non-FSD as the FSD version.

I went from 2022.8.10.8 in December 2022 to 2022.8.10.10 in early January 2023 (rolled out on NYE). Holding on 10.15 for now, although 10.20 is downloaded and ready to install.
so does FSD work on *10.15 for u right now?

Looking for some help!! I have a '17 MS 100D with MCU1, FSD paid for, upgraded computer and cameras. I asked why I still haven't been enrolled to beta (opted in over a year ago) and was told that I need to upgrade to MCU2 because the Tegra system couldn't handle FSD. I stated that was incorrect, that vehicles with MCU1 have FSD and they said I would need to provide VIN numbers as proof. Looking for people to send VIN numbers to prove the service center wrong. Thanks
I asked the least chatty/hallucinating GPT and answer was:
You
Will FSD concretely work with an old MCU1 Main Computer?

Copilot
FSD v12 will not work with the MCU1 Main Computer. The MCU1 (Media Control Unit 1) is the older hardware version found in some Tesla Model S and Model X vehicles. Unfortunately, it lacks the processing power and memory required to handle the advanced features of FSD v12. If you’re driving a vehicle with an MCU1, you won’t be able to use the upcoming FSD v12. However, if you have a newer Tesla vehicle with updated hardware, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of FSD v12! 🚗🤖
: Tesla Software Updates. (2024, May 27). TeslaFi. TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker : Lambert, F. (2024, May 27). Tesla releases Full Self-Driving Beta v12.1 with new features and improvements. Electrek. https://electrek.co/2024/05/27/tesl...driving-beta-v12-1-new-features-improvements/

1. Hardware Limitations: FSD v12 requires upgraded hardware, such as the Tesla FSD Computer (HW3). Older vehicles with MCU1 or legacy hardware won’t fully benefit from FSD features.