Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.99% APR Financing Promotion (May 10 - May 31 2024)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a fortunate situation for this buyer that in the exact config they want they have 10 of the same vehicle already made sitting in a lot near to him. In this case I am sure he did not ask and just spent an hour of his time inspecting them and then plans on telling Telsa exactly which VIN# he wants.

Not sure what location but around me this would never be the case. Too many different centers and all are on the small side so never have that kind of inventory.
Exactly. I went through all the cars and found the one that was best. I took that VIN down and brought it to the Tesla dealer. Which they then went into their system and emailed me a link to the car using the VIN.

I then clicked the link in the email and started the purchase of buying the specific car. I did tell them I needed the front passenger wheel replaced with a new one. It has a clear coat issue. It is pretty minor. It is possible they will not replace the wheel and if that is the case I do have a backup VIN. It is not a bad car now I figured out how to fix the rear light panel. It was loose as I have found on many of the cars. But it is very easy to fix. I just pushed in until it clicked.

What does completely amaze me is the poor build quality of Teslas. It got me thinking and so I went around our cars that we have and none had the issues that I am finding on the brand new Teslas. They all fit together much better. The lights are flush. The door are flush when closed. There is no panels with a corner sticking up. Panels are aligned so when you look down them they do not stick out anywhere.

The one that is particularly bad is the front flights. Pretty much every Y the bottom of the light sticks out so I can get the ends of my fingers in. They are not flush to the car. I decided to take the one where the lights were the most flush. This car though has passenger doors that are not flush. Specially the passenger side. The hope is that over time this will get better.

New here (obviously) and hoping to become a Y owner soon.
I'm torn whether to place a custom order now or wait to see what June deals look like. I had a question
IF I placed a custom order now, lock in the APR rate and then say ETA is July; come June if there's an inventory vehicle that would come out cheaper (whether it be discounted or discount + APR) can I get my order moved to it? So I'm basically asking, if by placing an order now could allow me to guarantee a current deal but giving enough time of a later deal coming along in the next month.

Sorry if my question doesnt sound clear or not.

New here (obviously) and hoping to become a Y owner soon.
I'm torn whether to place a custom order now or wait to see what June deals look like. I had a question
IF I placed a custom order now, lock in the APR rate and then say ETA is July; come June if there's an inventory vehicle that would come out cheaper (whether it be discounted or discount + APR) can I get my order moved to it? So I'm basically asking, if by placing an order now could allow me to guarantee a current deal but giving enough time of a later deal coming along in the next month.

Sorry if my question doesnt sound clear or not.
Worst case you may lose $250 ; by switching to a different car later. Best case they waive the fee ; which I think is automatic if you don't have a VIN assigned yet.

But ordering today ; your car could be ready in less than 1 week for all you know as there may be a matching config local already. They won't build one if the exact thing is already made awaiting an owner. There are limited possible combinations and Telsa still has large numbers of Y already build inventory on hand.
You have almost no control on the timing an order placed today will take to get a VIN / delivery date.

Just had mY order approved, 0.99% financing, $7,500 tax credit, best trade in offer! Very pleased.
So mY order which was "in transit arriving soon" just got pushed back a week. Not in that much of a rush, and my final payment has not yet been requested. This was the most basic no frills Y which is likely the most produced version. I wonder if one can speculate the finance promo is going better or worse from the delivery date changes? When placing my original order listed was 1 in transit & 1 on the lot at this SC, Today it's 2 in transit & 0 on the lot.

So mY order which was "in transit arriving soon" just got pushed back a week. Not in that much of a rush, and my final payment has not yet been requested. This was the most basic no frills Y which is likely the most produced version. I wonder if one can speculate the finance promo is going better or worse from the delivery date changes? When placing my original order listed was 1 in transit & 1 on the lot at this SC, Today it's 2 in transit & 0 on the lot.

This offer has no doubt been successful and put a serious dent into Telsa's Y inventory - which was at a very high level and caused Telsa to get creative at ways to reduce it.
The .99 seemed to work well for it's goal. I think many on forums like this underestimate how many people are in not great financial positions or have current high interest auto loans so this low interest rate combined with ability to use the Federal rebate as a down payment offered something a straight 10% off type discount would not accomplish.

I don't see them being content with strong May sales and only caring about deliveries in June ; Telsa always values finishing up a quarter strong.

We don't know how much Telsa is kicking back to the lender on each sale and we never will.
They may drop the finance offer and instead off large discounts on inventory cars in mid-late June. That would appease those that were looking to pay cash and not finance.
It is possible they could continue the low finance rate and offer discounts late June for existing inventory cars but personally I feel that is less likely now given how well the May promotions seems to have done. So my opinion has changed on this over the past 2-3 weeks.

Is also possible they decide to concentrate on Model 3s sales for June ; I could definitely see that happening with the .99 rate being offered next month for Model 3's (Performance excluded). Selling those seems to be a challenge IMO with them not qualifying for the federal rebate this year. if they do that it could mean nothing great for Y offers in June and this May promotion was the best option you are going to get at least until mid Sept.

I am actually leaning toward that opinion ; and Y best offers may be in mid Sept and of course will be late Dec for end of year push to rid themselves of any remaining inventory excess before the refresh Y ; same as we saw last Dec with the 3

This offer has no doubt been successful and put a serious dent into Telsa's Y inventory - which was at a very high level and caused Telsa to get creative at ways to reduce it.
The .99 seemed to work well for it's goal. I think many on forums like this underestimate how many people are in not great financial positions or have current high interest auto loans so this low interest rate combined with ability to use the Federal rebate as a down payment offered something a straight 10% off type discount would not accomplish.

I don't see them being content with strong May sales and only caring about deliveries in June ; Telsa always values finishing up a quarter strong.

We don't know how much Telsa is kicking back to the lender on each sale and we never will.
They may drop the finance offer and instead off large discounts on inventory cars in mid-late June. That would appease those that were looking to pay cash and not finance.
It is possible they could continue the low finance rate and offer discounts late June for existing inventory cars but personally I feel that is less likely now given how well the May promotions seems to have done. So my opinion has changed on this over the past 2-3 weeks.

Is also possible they decide to concentrate on Model 3s sales for June ; I could definitely see that happening with the .99 rate being offered next month for Model 3's (Performance excluded). Selling those seems to be a challenge IMO with them not qualifying for the federal rebate this year. if they do that it could mean nothing great for Y offers in June and this May promotion was the best option you are going to get at least until mid Sept.

I am actually leaning toward that opinion ; and Y best offers may be in mid Sept and of course will be late Dec for end of year push to rid themselves of any remaining inventory excess before the refresh Y ; same as we saw last Dec with the 3
Your narrative sounds accurate to me , especially the .99 rate moved over to the 3. I would believe at some point Tesla would want to begin untraining people to wait for the end of quarter price reductions. Would seem to make sense to me, although Elon doesn't seem to care and just wants to look at total units being sold. If Tesla continues to lower pricing to match or beat China I don't know how the traditional ICE mfg.'s are going to be able to continue trying to compete. I guess time will tell as well as how the political election pans out.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Your narrative sounds accurate to me , especially the .99 rate moved over to the 3. I would believe at some point Tesla would want to begin untraining people to wait for the end of quarter price reductions. Would seem to make sense to me, although Elon doesn't seem to care and just wants to look at total units being sold. If Tesla continues to lower pricing to match or beat China I don't know how the traditional ICE mfg.'s are going to be able to continue trying to compete. I guess time will tell as well as how the political election pans out.
Recent news of the Detroit brands are pivoting to hybrids and maintaining ICE vehicles. No rush to push EV now that US government has created a 100% Tariff shield.

Well, the .99% MY financing offer disappeared as announced and so did the 19" Gemini Light wheels, so now the 19" Gemini Dark wheels are default and without the $500 upcharge.
Glad to see that dark whels as defaults. As for the incentives. They will come back mid to late June. Tesla always does that, they will have couple of weeks of no discounts before they go all in for quarter end.