Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A new refresh Tesla Model X or new Kia EV9 GT Line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want a extra EV vehicle for my business needs but another Model Y will not suit what I want achieve in that I wish to replace a lot of my needed trips done in a ute so I will stow the rear seats down and load it up with boxes of gear etc. Basically a bloody nice EV delivery van.😁

Now I deserve something nice to drive now I am heading into my latter stages of my career of working bloody hard IMHO. I think a new Model X or the Kia EV9 would suit me, I want a new car with new car warranty, and no I do not want a Cybertruck.

So what should I get?

What, the new Model X is no longer sold into RHD markets?

I guess Tesla are too profitable to bother with us colonials down here and take our crappy money.

So it looks like Kia EV9 here I come. They seem keen enough to help me.

Last edited:
Did you drive the Kia
I'd been keen to hear your thoughts on the comparison of your Y to the Kia

Yes sirs, I drove the top of the variants ATM the GT Line EV9 as well as my wife and 2 sons. But I did not buy it because of my own observation and talk out there on forums, mainly in Europe, about the Ev9's trouble charging at the Tesla Superchargers, starts charging then cuts out, that are open to all Evs. But I am keeping an eye out for Kia to hopefully fix that problem. It definitely is not a perfect vehicle just like my Model Y LR is not perfect IMO.

But I will say this about driving the Ev9 GT Line. Wow, to have such a large vehicle that weighs over 2.5 tonnes from memory ride and handle so well over crap roads, with no air suspension, and to accelerate 0-100 kph in approx the same time as my Tesla Model Y LR it seems to my "seat of the pants" comparison certainly surprised me in a good way.

And the "big beast", my wife's words who drives the Model Y regularly, after I told her the EV9 was so easy to drive and saw I was having so much fun doing those snappy accelerations and such she finally agreed to driving it after saying she wouldn't. And yes I even saw her smiling when she had me pinned back in the seat from the acceleration when she took over the wheel even though she tried to hide the smile when she saw I was looking at her. 😁

Compared to the Model Y the EV9 is just plain much bigger. It's like a Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series size approx I think but it's like it is on steroids with it's power and is very quiet IMO. Now what was also surprising with it's approx 100 kWh battery from memory it travels approx the same distance as the Model Y LR with it's approx 80 kWh battery so that extra weight and "brick on wheels" shape the EV9 incorporates is noticeable here I think.

But if there is any particular characteristic of the EV9 you want to wish to know about please ask and I will try to answer when I can.

Edit I did try to charge the EV9 at Port Macquarie's V3 Superchargers and it did start charging but cut out like I saw on forums later when I checked.

Last edited: