Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backwards tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Types of balance: Symmetrical balance (or Symmetry) means that the work of art is the same on one side as the other, a mirror image of itself, on both sides of a center line. Asymmetrical balance (or Asymmetry) means that the two halves of the work of art are different, however, try to create balance.

So I would say that this tire is Asymmetrical...
Asymmetric tyres cannot be run inside out and will always have an OUTSIDE marking.

Directional tyres usually have no outside marking meaning they can be taken off and put on the other side. Beneficial for staggered fronts that way.

You aren't going to call a tow truck but "call in next week sometime" doesn't really cut it if you ask me.
I live about 30 miles from the tire shop. I'm not in much of a hurry to get the tire mounted 'correctly.' I have dealt with the same owner for over 30 years. He's a great guy and has treated me very well. That said, I didn't want to make his work load any more of a burden on a Friday afternoon near closing time, and on a Saturday when they only work a half day. He has a lot of workers that he treats well (in fact if they are running late - everyone stays on overtime until all the jobs get done - nobody goes home until everybody goes home.) So maybe Tuesday...

Reactions: Skavatar
I live about 30 miles from the tire shop. I'm not in much of a hurry to get the tire mounted 'correctly.' I have dealt with the same owner for over 30 years. He's a great guy and has treated me very well. That said, I didn't want to make his work load any more of a burden on a Friday afternoon near closing time, and on a Saturday when they only work a half day. He has a lot of workers that he treats well (in fact if they are running late - everyone stays on overtime until all the jobs get done - nobody goes home until everybody goes home.) So maybe Tuesday...
No panic. The posted update means it could stay as is, excepting OCD.

I've already put 200 miles on them. Sooooooo Should I leave well enough alone, or should I have the tire 'reversed?' Any real tire experts - please step in.
I am not a real tyre expert but I have worn out an awful lot of them so QBE?

If.you get to flipping them all on the rims way on down the road it will be slightly easier if they are all more or less uniform ie without the one oddball.

I am not a real tyre expert but I have worn out an awful lot of them so QBE?

If.you get to flipping them all on the rims way on down the road it will be slightly easier if they are all more or less uniform ie without the one oddball.
I never have flipped them on the rims before. When I rotate - it's always front to back.
I'm just trying to decide whether or not to leave well enough alone.

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4584.jpeg

We can infer from the lack of directional arrows that the tyre can roll forward or backward with equal effect. With the treads matching rotationally the oddly mounted one is running around "in reverse" to the other one on the same side but "forwards" like the two on the other side. When the two on the other side go to the opposite side of the vehicle they will be the ones running "in reverse". A blind man would be pleased to see them.

Reactions: Skavatar