Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Odyssey - Solihull

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, thought I’d share these photos from the Cybertruck Odyssey event in Solihull today. Got to check out the new cybertruck and a blue updated model 3. Unfortunately the Cybertruck wasn’t open to see the interior, nor were we allowed to see the tonneau cover opening/closing. Still a fun experience! Has anyone else had a chance to see the cybertruck in person? What do you think?
IMG_3647.jpeg
Pictures below!

Attachments

• IMG_3673.jpeg
    IMG_3673.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3672.jpeg
    IMG_3672.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3776.jpeg
    IMG_3776.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3671.jpeg
    IMG_3671.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3649.jpeg
    IMG_3649.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3646.jpeg
    IMG_3646.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3645.jpeg
    IMG_3645.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7396.jpeg
    IMG_7396.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 3
Saw a couple recently 'in the wild' in Florida, including following one for sometime on the I75 (having just watched Lando win his first F1 race! 😎)
IMG-20240507-WA0023.jpg

Whilst not apparent in the picture due to driving into the late evening sun, in both instances the panels where unevenly fitted, and looked to have subtly different textures/ finishes...all in all, large, distinctive things, but ultimately a bit of a dogs-breakfast finish-wise.

Yes @Whyone "a dog's-breakfast" is a good way to sum it up. I've seen a few in Idaho during April-May when we were staying with our family who live there, a couple were wrapped red or black (edit: cars not family). To me it is hideous, looks like some sort of hastily assembled concept vehicle. None of the Teslas are what I would call attractive, bar the Model S.

IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG

Apologies to all those who love it (& my Daughter there who still has her deposit so no doubt will get one at some point)

I saw it in Solihull too on Monday. I expected it to be big, but it was still bigger than I expected. Very cool, I like it. Would be perfect for tip runs but I don't think it would actually fit in my local tip! 😂

Attachments

• PXL_20240513_155619540~2.jpg
    PXL_20240513_155619540~2.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20240513_155435824~2.jpg
    PXL_20240513_155435824~2.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20240513_155603641.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20240513_155603641.MP~2.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: EVMeister
I dragged the family on Sunday to see it. Every 5-10mins they turned the lights off and done a Light show. Seemed to have lots of interest with 5-6 staff floating around answering questions, opening/closing doors and even turning the steering wheel to show off the 4 wheel steering.

....turning the steering wheel to show off the 4 wheel steering.

I had a gen. 4 Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC on the late 1990's with 4WS.i was a great system - at low speed all 4 wheels turned in the same direction, at high speeds, they turned in opposite directions. It was a very smart and effective system and miss that car to this day.

Does the Cybertruck steering do something similar?

Rear wheels turn slightly less in the opposite direction than the front, if I can remember correctly. Unfortunately I was too slow to take a video of it.

On Sunday there was a gentle flow of people. Sound system was very good, felt like we were walking into a party.

I had a gen. 4 Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC on the late 1990's with 4WS.i was a great system - at low speed all 4 wheels turned in the same direction, at high speeds, they turned in opposite directions. It was a very smart and effective system and miss that car to this day.

Does the Cybertruck steering do something similar?
Surely this is the wrong way round.. at higher speeds you would want the wheels steering in the same direction for stability, whereas at lower speed the front and rear wheels to steer opposite each other for increased manoeuvrability.

Surely this is the wrong way round.. at higher speeds you would want the wheels steering in the same direction for stability, whereas at lower speed the front and rear wheels to steer opposite each other for increased manoeuvrability.
Apologies...you are quite right.

Reactions: asl3312
Apologies...you are quite right.
Anyways.. it seems that the Cybertruck also does this, as well as variable steering ratio due to the steer-by-wire (no physical mechanical link between the steering wheel and front rack). Full lock is achieved by turning the wheel about 170 degrees at low driving speeds.

Reactions: Whyone
Just been to see it in the new Manchester showroom. I thought it would be bigger, it's similar size to a lwb Transit van. The new showroom is nice, there's about a dozen v4 superchargers that aren't on the map yet either. Just a shame it next to the Emptihad 😅😅..

Reactions: spdpsba