Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dripping/leaking behind rear wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just discovered some dripping/leaking coming from behind the right rear wheel. There’s no color, no smell to it. Feels like water when I touch it and rub it into my hand and dries out, so it seems like condensation but from way back there? Anyone have any idea what it may be?

Attachments

• IMG_1705.jpeg
    IMG_1705.jpeg
    477.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1706.jpeg
    IMG_1706.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1708.jpeg
    IMG_1708.jpeg
    489 KB · Views: 2
I’d agree.

Is it possible you splashed thru some water on the way home? Is this a one time event?
That’s the first thing I tried to remember but I’m almost certain I didn’t go over any water.

It’s the first time I notice it because I almost never walk by the passenger side, I just happened to be outside doing some yard work when I noticed it. I had just gotten home about 20-30 minutes before.

Just checked now, panels and ground are dry and there seems to be no more dripping, so it’s definitely something that occurs while driving.

Upvote 0
Pre-refresh with 5 seats had one condenser and fan up front. The 6 and 7 seat configurations had a second condenser and fan above the rear right wheel for the rear seat vents. The 5 seater had a tough time keeping the rear seats cool. I have not seen this mentioned for recent models but I assume it is the same.

Reactions: jdsalinas
Upvote 0
Pre-refresh with 5 seats had one condenser and fan up front. The 6 and 7 seat configurations had a second condenser and fan above the rear right wheel for the rear seat vents. The 5 seater had a tough time keeping the rear seats cool. I have not seen this mentioned for recent models but I assume it is the same.
You hit the nail on the head! It did cross my mind due to the look and feel of the liquid, but I couldn’t fathom the idea of something like that being way back there. However, upon further research, you are 100% correct, 6/7 seaters have dual hvac systems and the liquid, which is certainly water, is in fact consisted with that of a hvac system. Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0