Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD with MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some help!! I have a '17 MS 100D with MCU1, FSD paid for, upgraded computer and cameras. I asked why I still haven't been enrolled to beta (opted in over a year ago) and was told that I need to upgrade to MCU2 because the Tegra system couldn't handle FSD. I stated that was incorrect, that vehicles with MCU1 have FSD and they said I would need to provide VIN numbers as proof. Looking for people to send VIN numbers that have MCU1 and FSD and which software version to prove the service center wrong. Thanks

Since 2022.8.10.10, there's been 2022.8.10.15 and 2022.8.10.20 (includes Telltale Text Size recall).

Upvote 0
Looking for some help!! I have a '17 MS 100D with MCU1, FSD paid for, upgraded computer and cameras. I asked why I still haven't been enrolled to beta (opted in over a year ago) and was told that I need to upgrade to MCU2 because the Tegra system couldn't handle FSD. I stated that was incorrect, that vehicles with MCU1 have FSD and they said I would need to provide VIN numbers as proof. Looking for people to send VIN numbers that have MCU1 and FSD and which software version to prove the service center wrong. Thanks
You can go to YouTube and do a search;

tesla fsd beta on mcu1

Upvote 0
v10.69 was probably not good enough for a wide release so they’re not just going to release it to all MCU1 cars.

It seems they have pretty much stopped development for FSD on MCU1 since there have been no more updates. Even the few MCU1 cars that were blessed with FSD v10.69.3.3 have not seen a newer version.

Upvote 0
My December 2016 S received 3.0 computer upgrade in July 2020, camera upgrade in December 2022 and FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 (2022.8.10.10) in January 2023. Still has the original touchscreen.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0

I’d say it is very clear that Tesla has zero intention to release FSD on MCU1 and will just wait for that fleet to retire or for owners to purchase MCU2.

Reactions: E90alex
Upvote 0
I'm stuck on v11.0 (2022.8.10.16 7477b4ff8e78) but fsd beta is active.
Could you clarify what you mean by "fsd beta is active" ? Does the visualization display yellow center line or red road edges, and does it make turns on city streets to follow navigation? Or maybe it responds to stop signs and traffic lights without turning?

If you copied over "v11.0 (2022…") directly from the Software screen, it seems like it might not actually have FSD Beta as previously it showed up as "FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 (2022.8.10.10 c0d1d87db9e9)" (instead of "v11.0"):
67a50822-9815-4aea-bccb-4b9088bc4ae4-jpeg.890784

Upvote 0
You should be able to give them partial VINs from TeslaFi showing vehicles running the FSD versions of the software (2022.8.10.15 and .20). TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Otherwise send me a DM and I can give you my VIN.

Upvote 0