Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help adjusting coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most garage floors are not really flat. At least mines not. I feel that using the fixed points of the damper are better for a home setup than the ground clearance as it has a lot of stacking tolerances. Ground should be checked to make sure it's in the range you want. I personally had all kinds of trouble adjusting without scales using ground or fender clearance.

My shop floor isn't flat either, but it can be shimmed to be level. But, that doesn't usually become an issue until you're aligning the car. Not so much of a big deal for setting the ride height since we're trying to get it close and not perfect. I think we might be saying the same thing though. The measurements I took were battery pack to floor for clearance, then axle nut to fender for ride height. I know there's some variance in the plastic fender trim, but it was good enough for me. I wish the Hubstands would work with these cars. Would make a lot of this process much easier

Reactions: Sweed269
For the fronts, if you’re raising one corner at a time, loosen the damper to bushing bolt and disconnect the stabilizer bar. (The stabilizer bar restricts lifting at a certain point.) Now lift the suspension and measure from top of fender well to hub center to desired height. This also eliminates the garage floor variable issue.
Torque damper bushing bolt and re-attach stabilizer bar. Repeat on other side.
Same concept for rears.
If your spring presets are evenly matched you should get pretty close.
Hope that helps. Good luck.