Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to disable new charge reminder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a recent update that added a reminder to people who charge at home that when they return home and the vehicle is under 50% of their charge limit it sends them a notification on their phone. I couldn't find a way to disable this one notification. Can someone help me out?

I do not want to disable all notifications only this new one.

Check notification category of the app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_120959_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_120959_Tesla.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 8
I don't see the notification option in my app either, and it wasn't in the screenshot posted above. I haven't seen evidence that there's actually a setting for this yet, but I've never received the notification either, even though I've been below the threshold.

I don't see the notification option in my app either, and it wasn't in the screenshot posted above. I haven't seen evidence that there's actually a setting for this yet, but I've never received the notification either, even though I've been below the threshold.

I havent seen this notification either, and I have returned to home in my wifes model Y with under 50% at least once a week, since we only charge my wifes car to 50-60% on a regular basis.

There's a recent update that added a reminder to people who charge at home that when they return home and the vehicle is under 50% of their charge limit it sends them a notification on their phone.

ios.

I get it every time I get near my house. It sucks a lot. Tesla rapidly imploding.

What vehicle is this for and what is version is "recent update" that has this feature?

My wifes car has a newer version than is mentioned in that article so presumably should have that update (wifes car = 2022 model Y Performance, autopilot only SW version 2024.8.9).

I dont think I have yet arrived home at less than 50% of my regular set point as that article states the feature triggers at. As I said my normal set point is between 50-60 % so it sounds like I would need to be almost empty to trigger it.

I dont see where to disable the notification, either. The article mentions they expect it to be available but it also reads like thats a guess by them. It would kind of suck but if you are seeing this a lot and there isnt a way to change it, the only thing I see that would work in the short term is to lower your regular set point at home (since the feature is supposed to trigger at 50% under your set point).

I'll disagree. I think EV owners in particular are keenly aware of their charge state. Do ICE cars remind you to fill up with gas every time you go home with half a tank or less?

Callin BS on this one. Dumb feature implemented in a stupid way! Gotta call a spade a spade!

Had to just disable all Tesla notifications to prevent the spam. I guess Elon fired everyone at the wrong time o_O

Was fun while it lasted!

I'll disagree. I think EV owners in particular are keenly aware of their charge state. Do ICE cars remind you to fill up with gas every time you go home with half a tank or less?

Callin BS on this one. Dumb feature implemented in a stupid way! Gotta call a spade a spade!

Had to just disable all Tesla notifications to prevent the spam. I guess Elon fired everyone at the wrong time o_O

Was fun while it lasted!

I will disagree with your disagree. People make mistakes, especially if they arrive home and are distracted. It would be very easy to forget to plug occasionally, unless you think somehow no one ever forgets, gets distracted, or makes a mistake.

Just because it doesnt work for you doesnt mean a feature is bad, although it seems to be very common for Tesla owners in particular to engage in that type of discussion.

Reactions: TunaBug and E90alex

Was fun while it lasted!
Why would you compare the two? The reason for this is people do forget (my wife, constantly) and well, it's not like when you're "low on fuel" you can go fill up in 5 minutes down the street. Apples / Oranges.

Reactions: E90alex
Just chiming in here I haven’t found a way to turn this off. At a guess they shipped this feature without thinking about or remembering to add it to the notifications settings (downside of moving fast).

As far as why I’d like to turn it off, I use shared chargers at an apartment. Don’t want to hog chargers unnecessarily so if I get home at say 42% I may not plug. Or all chargers may be in use.

Just chiming in here I haven’t found a way to turn this off. At a guess they shipped this feature without thinking about or remembering to add it to the notifications settings (downside of moving fast).

As far as why I’d like to turn it off, I use shared chargers at an apartment. Don’t want to hog chargers unnecessarily so if I get home at say 42% I may not plug. Or all chargers may be in use.
Tesla shipping unfinished/untested things? Never! 🥴

Are you using more than 50% of your charge limit daily or are you just not plugging in every day? If the latter, why not?

I’ve never received this notification personally. 🤷🏻‍♂️
No it takes me about 2 weeks to go through a charge. I drive out and come home on average twice a day so I get the notification twice a day.

"Do you want to charge up now (44%)?"

"Do you want to charge up now(42%)?)

It's just these messages twice a day everyday. Or whenever I get near my house in my car.

• Funny
Reactions: gsmith123