Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mosquito abatement was a side note, of minor consequence to the argument - was trying to add a supplemental historical fact.

Certainly innumerable tragedies throughout history not confined exclusively to one group. One of the many main points, however was that Jews were not tribes, but rather a classical age kingdom with established full statehood and with the details mentioned without any historical parallel.

The act of the Jews resettling their ancestral land was the greatest decolonialization project the world has known. Justice as usual not without any collateral tragedy. One of a few and largest tragedies is that colonialists and their descendants are predominantly the most active against this now historical project.
Jews were not tribes? 12 comes to mind?

Anyway, it is beside the point. I totally respect the right for Modern Israel to exist and to do so in safety. But I think rights come by treaty, not genetics or religion, and every time someone confuses that, irrational conflict occurs.

Reactions: madodel
Jews were not tribes? 12 comes to mind?
If that biblical history is largely correct, that was markedly earlier in their history. But they advanced far beyond stone age/tribal stage by the time colonial powers finally forced their most recent exile.

All people alive today are descendants of one or more tribes. Many historical tribes met the end of their line in the tribal stage, typically by other tribes and later by colonial powers.

Anyway, it is beside the point. I totally respect the right for Modern Israel to exist and to do so in safety. But I think rights come by treaty, not genetics or religion, and every time someone confuses that, irrational conflict occurs.
Treaties can be useful but often do not suffice and a few powers today are the result of religious colonialism, particularly those who want the destruction of Israel which was re-founded as a secular State.

Today, for example, we have Russia 10 years into its invasion of Ukraine. Russia violated numerous treaties such as the Budapest Memorandum where they did precisely the opposite of when they guaranteed to protect the sovereignty of Ukraine.

In the case of Israel, the land most recently to again become Israel/Judea was owned by Britain. Britain wanted a 2-state solution that included giving the Jews back a large portion of their ancestral homeland. The 1947 UN resolution recommended partition of Palestine into separate Jewish and Arab states. Jewish leaders accepted the plan, Arab states rejected it. Israel declared independence and Arab states, following their proximal decades of proxy attacks on Jews in that land, now directly went to war on Israel and lost.