Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maybe a salvaged title

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a used Tesla last month from a private owner. I took it to Tesla Friday to get the tail light fixed. Tesla told me that the warranty is gone due to a salvaged title. I found this crazy because I have the title and was able to get a tag. My bank who I financed through also said the carfax and the title showed nothing about salvaged. What can I do in regards to Tesla about repairing it? Also the day after I got my car back the pyro fuse blew and now my low voltage battery is dead. So I’m stuck with no transportation

Attachments

• IMG_0905.jpeg
    IMG_0905.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0911.png
    IMG_0911.png
    255.6 KB · Views: 6
"Carfax doesnt show salvage" means zero, because no one has an obligation to report to carfax. The carfax not showing salvage can be ignored, however you can look at the carfax and see if the car moved around states at all. If it moved around to a couple different states in a short period of time that could be a sign of title washing.

Also, you bought a used car, and in a month the pyro fuse blew? I mean that could happen for a few different reasons, but my bet is that the car is actually salvage and the title has not caught up with it yet.

What can I do in regards to Tesla about repairing it?

Probably not much, but you would have to engage a lawyer to be sure. It sounds to me like you got hosed by that private party sale though.