Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 is completely dismantled for an estimate, Now Un-repairable.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla Freinds,
Im a bit emotional at this moment, After you look at the images let me know your input. Our car was hit, by a person who ran a stop sign, on the left. The car still drove, locked and charged, there was a minor lean to the back right tire (barely noticeable).
I've attached some images of the aftermath of the accident. The lady who hit us was issued a ticket and was deemed 100% not at fault by insurance.
We took the car into a repair shop to get a estimate only. The repair shop refused to give us an estimate for 1.5 weeks and refused to let us remove the car and bring it back to our home.
I go physically to the repair shop and see the absolute destruction of our beloved Moon Buggy. The same day I got an email from tesla stating my vehicle was now unsupported for the supercharging network.
The repair shop said " In order to be Tesla Certified, They are required to go through a series of tests". This was the reason they completely destroyed the car.
Has anyone had their car, nearly completely dismantled? Had sections physically cut off, Just to get an estimate? Has anyone had their Tesla repaired, and their car dismantled for the repair, not just an estimate?
If you have any advice, input or experiences like this please let me know.
The price tag for the estimate $9180 for the estimate.
You won't believe it, For the car to be repaired $33,000. And if we want the car back, once it's repaired a total of $42,180! Now, they are saying the car in unrepairable after they finished their estimate.
This is a shop in Orlando, Fl. If you are interested in either invoice message me would love to share it. Does anyone know of a good attorney?
Another sad part is the car had Full-self drive... more tears

Attachments

• 20240423_175326.jpg
    20240423_175326.jpg
    884.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240424_142302.jpg
    20240424_142302.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 4
  • image000000(5).jpg
    image000000(5).jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 3
Don't you have insurance to take care of this total loss?
The lady who hit us was under insured. So it got kicked back to our insurance. Our insurance hasn't seen the car in its current state. The insurance adjuster said, in 6 years of working there she has never seen an estimate bill at 9000 dollars. She had to speak with her management, they are going to offer less and are pretty sure it will end up becoming a legal issue with the repair shop.

We took the car into a repair shop to get a estimate only.
What did you sign when you took it in? (What did you authorize them to do?)

Has anyone had their car, nearly completely dismantled? Had sections physically cut off, Just to get an estimate? Has anyone had their Tesla repaired, and their car dismantled for the repair, not just an estimate?
Yes, but not initially. Normally they just do a "no dismantle", or very light dismantle, estimate, and then that estimate goes to you/the insurance for approval to proceed with a dull tear down to get the real estimate for repair costs.

The same day I got an email from tesla stating my vehicle was now unsupported for the supercharging network.
Weird that Tesla would do that before an insurance company declared it a total loss. (Though that is likely at this point, but it might not have been such at a different shop.)

The price tag for the estimate $9180 for the estimate.
It sounds to me like a crooked repair shop. I would look at what you signed when you took it in initially to see if you approved $9k of labor and doing a full tear down. (Normally the initial estimate is free.)

If you didn't authorize the full tear down, I would sue them to return the car to the condition it was. (Of course, your insurance company will probably declare it totaled and deal with all of this for you, but I would still want to make them pay for what they did.)

Another sad part is the car had Full-self drive... more tears
Assuming it was purchased and not a subscription, that should be covered by your insurance.

Reactions: 3Sweet
Sorry the lady who hit us was 100% at fault. she ran a stop sign and drove into a highway.
looking over the form I signed and it does not say they can tear down the car. This looks like insurance fraud, at this point wouldn't you say?