Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - FAQs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the car come with the Tire Repair Kit or do we have to purchase it from the Tesla store?
Does the full version of the pdf Owner's Manual become available for download from your My Tesla web page after delivery?
Did your car come with floor mats?
Did your car come with the parcel shelf?
Did your car come with the cubby shelf under the main display?

I know you were asking dmetcalf, but here are answers for VIN 112:

No tire kit that I can see.
Yes, I can download the owner's manual from the web site. I did not get a printed version.
Yes, I got floor mats (but only for the front).
Yes, I got a parcel shelf.
No, I didn't get a sunglass cubby.

Hi David,

Thanks for your responses.

Does the car come with the Tire Repair Kit or do we have to purchase it from the Tesla store?

Does the full version of the pdf Owner's Manual become available for download from your My Tesla web page after delivery?

Did your car come with floor mats?

Did your car come with the parcel shelf?

Did your car come with the cubby shelf under the main display?

Thanks.

Larry

For my car:
1) didn't come with tire repair kit (I bought the Tesla logo one from the website)
2) Don't have full version of Owner's Manual yet, still just the quick guide
3) Car came with 2 front floor mats
4) Signature cars come with parcel shelf and mine was included
5) my car didn't have the cubby shelf yet but I hear newer cars are finally getting them

I know you were asking dmetcalf, but here are answers for VIN 112:

No tire kit that I can see.
Yes, I can download the owner's manual from the web site. I did not get a printed version.
Yes, I got floor mats (but only for the front).
Yes, I got a parcel shelf.
No, I didn't get a sunglass cubby.

For my car:
1) didn't come with tire repair kit (I bought the Tesla logo one from the website)
2) Don't have full version of Owner's Manual yet, still just the quick guide
3) Car came with 2 front floor mats
4) Signature cars come with parcel shelf and mine was included
5) my car didn't have the cubby shelf yet but I hear newer cars are finally getting them

Thanks guys,

So its confirmed that Tesla is not providing the Tire repair kit at a later time?

And the same thing with the rear floor mats, none will be provided at a later date?

dsm check your "My Tesla" web page. See if you can see a link to download the manual.

Thanks again.

Larry

Hi David,

Thanks for your responses.

Does the car come with the Tire Repair Kit or do we have to purchase it from the Tesla store? No, must purchase separately- I picked up a better quality CH dc pump and a couple types of fix a flat from Walmart for $22. No Tesla logo though...

Does the full version of the pdf Owner's Manual become available for download from your My Tesla web page after delivery? Yes, a couple days after. I also had print versions in the glove box as well.

Did your car come with floor mats? Yes, 2 black carpet mats velcroed in the front only. Had to immediately buy some tan rubber mats (KRACO has an exact match for tan leather @ Walmart) - just in time for our deluge 8+ inches in C FL this week.

Did your car come with the parcel shelf? No, the only item on back order delivery in my config.

Did your car come with the cubby shelf under the main display? No, although I saw a note that they plan a free update to send this to us. I found a GO Gear black console insert that fits sideways and works well for me, for now.

After 1000 miles as of today, I've saved my first $129 in gas and average a little over 2.5 miles/ kWh even with 80% highway mileage at 80+ (no traffic so minimal regen). May or may not be typical of other FL drivers, but thought I'd share. Only issue so far is wiper speed is too slow for FL rain (40% slower than my other two vehicles on high speed. Any thoughts on how to best surface this issue to Tesla? MOD, I posted this under mechanical/technical forum as well. Thanks.

Thanks.

Larry

Hope the responses above help

FWIW, I was given a rear floor mat as a warranty item at my last service just now. It went straight into the attic since I have the rubber all-weather floor mats... but anyone else who is short a rear mat, apparently Tesla will give you one.

FWIW, I was given a rear floor mat as a warranty item at my last service just now. It went straight into the attic since I have the rubber all-weather floor mats... but anyone else who is short a rear mat, apparently Tesla will give you one.

I got a whole new set - front and rear. My car was delivered with just the "inferior" fronts and at my last visit, they left a package containing a complete new set.

I haven't opened the package yet. I already bought Lloyd carpet mats for the summer and the Tesla/WeatherTech mats for the winter.

I got a whole new set - front and rear. My car was delivered with just the "inferior" fronts and at my last visit, they left a package containing a complete new set.

I was given a whole "new" set at my last service call... they threw them in the trunk in the wrapping. I looked carefully and could not tell them apart from the "old" set. So now I have three sets since I just installed the weather techs...

Sorry to bring it up but how many Tesla fires have there been exactly? Just want a total number

I mentioned Tesla with the owner of the store I work at yesterday when we were simply discussing cars and he immediately spoke with contempt about tesla and the first thing he said was those cars are always catching on fire they are no good. So i calmy started to explain to him the about the fires amongst 3 other co-workers and he clearly didn't expect me to have the knowledge i had and I felt he started to see me as condescending when i was simply explaining what really happened.

And then after a few minutes he said "get this guy away from me" Lol.

It's always unfortunate when people that have minconstrued thoughts are against listening to you because they simply do not understand what you are saying to them. I wasn't even attacking him, i was smiling and was very respectful but he was getting uncomfortable and walked away from me when i was talking which was kind of rude.

Sorry to bring it up but how many Tesla fires have there been exactly? Just want a total number

I mentioned Tesla with the owner of the store I work at yesterday when we were simply discussing cars and he immediately spoke with contempt about tesla and the first thing he said was those cars are always catching on fire they are no good. So i calmy started to explain to him the about the fires amongst 3 other co-workers and he clearly didn't expect me to have the knowledge i had and I felt he started to see me as condescending when i was simply explaining what really happened.

It's always unfortunate when people that have minconstrued thoughts are against listening to you because they simply do not understand what you are saying to them. I wasn't even attacking him, i was smiling and was very respectful but he was getting uncomfortable and walked away from me when i was talking which was kind of rude.

I think maybe we are up to 4....2 pack fires from debris puncturing the underside (now less likely after titanium shielding added), 1 in Mexico from someone driving 100+MPH through a concrete wall, 1 in LA when perp stole an S and drove 100+MPH through city streets before destroying the S and dying as he was ejected through the windshield (Darwin award). Haven't heard of any others.

And, BTW, how many ICE car fires are reported to authorities in the USA every day...close to 100. How many people died in the USA last year in a car fire...almost 1 a day.

I think maybe we are up to 4....2 pack fires from debris puncturing the underside (now less likely after titanium shielding added), 1 in Mexico from someone driving 100+MPH through a concrete wall, 1 in LA when perp stole an S and drove 100+MPH through city streets before destroying the S and dying as he was ejected through the windshield (Darwin award). Haven't heard of any others.

And, BTW, how many ICE car fires are reported to authorities in the USA every day...close to 100. How many people died in the USA last year in a car fire...almost 1 a day.

Thanks. I told him there have only been a few fires as i wasn't sure the correct number and i explained to him that they were high speed impacts/unlikely occurrences and were not spontaneous and also mentioned each one, the high speed impact in mexico (in which the driver lived), the tow hitch, etc. And then how Tesla created a special underbody shield which is offered as a free upgrade also how it has the highest safest rating out of any car.

He said that the percentage of Tesla's that have caught on fire is higher than any other car and i mentioned about how many gas cars catch on fire everyday and he said "that is not true, hundreds of gas cars dont catch on fire everyday" :redface:

My co-workers were there and the guy that hired me took the store owners side intentionally as if i was attacking him which i was not asking me if "i was serious" when i was talking and i was like Yes? All i did was explain what happened, that was all. Clearly they don't want to be enlightened and thats too bad.

OT - This is a FAQ thread, which is bad enough considering the actual link to what is, at best a FAQ attempt, was on page 9:
Model S - FAQ - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum
Anyone have link to, like, a time line of Tesla mods, to S85/P85. Things like suspension upgrades in the ~6000 VIN range, when prkg sensors, mirrors, Post-A battery, option price change, etc. A lot reading this have these answers in their head, but I'm looking for something more detailed and definitive? Links? Like a FAQ!!

Last edited: