Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please disagree with my opinion! =)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Opinion doesn't really play into it. Tesla already had this. Some games were playable while the car was in motion. You could even use Boombox to change your horn and driving sound. These capabilities were removed in a software release several months ago. Nothing to do with "stupid people doing stupid stuff" - it was for compliance purposes. I believe this was driven by NHTSA.

If I can play Netflix or Disney plus while driving, especially long distance trips for my kids in the back, I can have peaceful drive all the way to the destination. Sleeping or TV watching kids are the best kids! LOL

Get an ipad or some other tablet and hand it to them.

This is usually about people wanting to watch movies while they drive. I know people at my job who swear that "that helps me relax", in a regular car without cruise control, watching movies on whatever passes for the screen they have in those cars.

No, just no.

I think Tesla should let us use full function and menu items while driving, such as games, movies, internet, etc only when there is a passenger sitting in the passenger seat. Tesla can use current seat weight sensor as well as the cabin camera to confirm this to avoid some stupid people try to do some stupid stuff..
What do you think?
That's your problem right there. You think it's Tesla when its the law.

I unlocked it with obd2 on my other cars :) People are on their phones and doing all sorts of things while driving the screen isn't going to change how a responsible person drives. I have a really long drive everyday so I do listen to training video's during my commute. I don't need to see them though but did unlock it on my last car incase my wife wanted to watch something.

I am all for supporting unfettered freedom and personal liberty in nearly every aspect of life. Even if access to games and internet would directly put the driver's safety at risk, I would support it. The issue, however, is that an accident would endanger other innocent people who did not participate in this reckless behavior, and that's why it should not be allowed. Until FSD features are true to their name and release the driver from liability, watching a movie while driving is donkey brained.

That being said, being able to use the megaphone while in Drive would be badass.

I am all for supporting unfettered freedom and personal liberty in nearly every aspect of life. Even if access to games and internet would directly put the driver's safety at risk, I would support it. The issue, however, is that an accident would endanger other innocent people who did not participate in this reckless behavior, and that's why it should not be allowed. Until FSD features are true to their name and release the driver from liability, watching a movie while driving is donkey brained.

That being said, being able to use the megaphone while in Drive would be badass.
Yeah or matrix headlights that say move the F over I guess they wouldn't see that unless you projected it on a wall :( Megaphone will work as a replacement.

Wow. This guy trusted the auto pilot back in 2016?!! Lol
Back in 2016 Mobil eye V1 was better then even todays Ap2.5. I had a 2016 90D AP1 so ya..it was super good. That guy was a moron and his experience is what started the AP nags on all Teslas. Prior to this between 2014-2016, it was nag free and was never ‘drunk’ nor had any phantom braking…10x better than todays spotty versions with half the cameras.

Don’t agree turning in movies while driving…uh Big NO there. But there are some games a passenger should be able to play if sitting. Not sure how they would manage that.

I unlocked it with obd2 on my other cars :) People are on their phones and doing all sorts of things while driving the screen isn't going to change how a responsible person drives. I have a really long drive everyday so I do listen to training video's during my commute. I don't need to see them though but did unlock it on my last car incase my wife wanted to watch something.
At least someone has common and practical sense. I don't look at the screen when kids movies are playing (already watched 10000 times, LOL). Also, there are videos that I listen since there is no audio only versions available.
I still play Youtube on my phone while driving to "Listen", not looking at it.

I'll just say I don't want to drive any where near the guy who's watching a movie instead of paying attention to the road. You don't have to look far to find some idiot that will just ignore their surroundings and crash into something, then blame the care company that the vehicle allowed itself to crash. If there was a screen in the back seat, I could see that being OK.

Reactions: Ciaopec and DanDi58