Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Will you buy Model Y if it has Falcon Wing door?

Will you buy Model Y if it has Falcon Wing door (FWD)? / Should Tesla put FWD in Model Y?

• Hell NO!! I hate the stupid Falcon Wing door (FWD). If it has FWD, I won't buy it for sure!

Votes: 48 13.8%
  • No. I highly prefer it doesn't have FWD

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • No. Tesla should put regular door so customers can choose between Model X and Y. It save cost too!

Votes: 61 17.5%
  • Not sure. Undecided.

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • I would still buy Model Y either way. It doesn't matter for me.

Votes: 69 19.8%
  • Yes. I think FWD will be appealing to customer and help spread the words about the Tesla brand

Votes: 23 6.6%
  • Yes. I highly prefer it has FWD

Votes: 49 14.1%
  • Oh Yes! I love the FWD! If it doesn't have FWD, I won't buy it.

Votes: 19 5.5%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 6 1.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the Model Y has Falcon Wings I definitely won't buy one, and I'll probably sell my TSLA stock too, because it will mean Tesla is being completely stupid.

Even today I believe the FWD's on the X are more trouble than they're worth. The rationale is that they make it easier to access the third row. The Model Y shouldn't have a third row so there shouldn't be any logical reason for it to have FWD's. And on a mass market vehicle they really don't need the added cost. So, basically I'm agreeing with Daniel_R here.

Now, if they do a "Model 3 sports coupe" (as a more affordable alternative to the new Roadster) I could kind of see FWD's on that car, just as a gee-whiz feature. But the Model Y needs to be more sensible.
I agree. Model Y without FWD makes much more sense.

If the Model Y has Falcon Wings I definitely won't buy one, and I'll probably sell my TSLA stock too, because it will mean Tesla is being completely stupid.

Even today I believe the FWD's on the X are more trouble than they're worth. The rationale is that they make it easier to access the third row. The Model Y shouldn't have a third row so there shouldn't be any logical reason for it to have FWD's. And on a mass market vehicle they really don't need the added cost. So, basically I'm agreeing with Daniel_R here.

Now, if they do a "Model 3 sports coupe" (as a more affordable alternative to the new Roadster) I could kind of see FWD's on that car, just as a gee-whiz feature. But the Model Y needs to be more sensible.

I agree. There is a reason upward opening doors are rare. They are much more expensive and complex that standard doors, which makes them both a maintenance headache as well as adds a lot of cost to production. At this point I think the Model X is the largest volume production car ever made with upward opening doors.

They are a "gee whiz" factor that's good for drawing a crowd and it's good advertising for the brand, but it's a dumb move in a mass produced car.

Actually I'd be happy if my Model S had door handles like the Model 3. They have proven to be a maintenance headache on that car. I never considered the X in large part because of the FWD.

Lots of redundant overlap in the poll as many of the options are basically the same choice.

Telsa seriously needs to update their interior to be on par to other luxury brands. Simple things such as HUD, 360 parking camera, etc would make a big difference.

My wife hates the interior of the S and X compared to her Benz.
the voting options are NOT redundant. My poll is similar to some polls where the options start with "strongly agree", then "agree" then "neutral", then "disagree", "strongly disagree" etc. Almost all comprehensive polling method are setup this way.

Model Y is super interesting to me as I would expect it to be somewhere between a Model 3 and S in terms of overall size and storage capacity with a starting price lower than a S. I need to know more details on the car and etc. A car I'm extremely interested in.

That said, FWD are beyond awesome and are super futuristic. It would lose its appeal if it didn't have them I feel. It makes the car so much more futuristic. So I guess I'm looking at this from a design POV.

I was under the impression that Tesla had fixed all the issues with the FWD's?
However I dont think model Y will have FWD due to costs and that it will be based on the M3 platform.

"was under the impression that Tesla had fixed all the issues with the FWD's"

an early vehicle & almost 40K to-date.....no issues with FWD. They're fantastic and would like them on Y.

Reactions: CarlK
Will you buy Model Y if it has Falcon Wing door (FWD)? / Should Tesla put FWD in Model Y?

Please vote on the poll.
I need to to carry sailboards and surfboards that are 8ft and up to almost 10ft. If the model 3 were a wagon or hatchback I would be buying one now . I guess you can put them on one side with FWC but I often carry up to three usually two on the roof side by side. I don't see how the Falcon Doors would be of any use to me. I admit they look cool. Getting the front passenger seat to go flat would be nice VW did that once upon a time it allows you to carry long loads. I have an old Integra that that I can get one 8ft board and a bunch of sails in the model 3 is about the same size.
I have mad respect for Elon and Tesla and all the other idea's but I need to carry my boards.
An all electric Van would be more practical even though I like driving small sporty cars better.

Reactions: Brian C M3D
Hey, I’ve got an idea. Let’s make an acronym that’s highly known as Front Wheel Drive! No, I would not buy a Model Y with Front Wheel Drive.

I would rather the Roadster have falcon wings over the open top. Coupes have long doors that can be difficult to open anyway, and height wouldn’t be a problem on a small car. Weight/complexity could be the issue though.

As for the van, I am completely on board, and with it not really on the horizon, I guess I’m looking at a VW in ‘22. That a mere 4 years away.

A Tesla van is what I would like for my business, but that does not seem on the horizon

Elon has talked about a small bus built on the Model X platform and if that doesn't happen when they do the pickup, a van should be an easy follow on project.

The demand for electric delivery vans in Europe is going to be high by early next decade. A lot of cities are banning ICE from city downtowns and delivery companies will need electric vehicles.

The Model 3 is an amazing vehicle in terms of power and room. With the popularity and quantity of SUV vehicles on the road, I would feel safer riding a little higher in a Tesla without having to spend $100k on the X. I am there with my deposit on day one for the Y regardless of how the doors open.