Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor guy... (flat after 1k mi)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn't sure what forum to post this in - I normally frequent the MY forums, but this is a 3...

I feel for this guy:

IMG_0678.jpg

He only had 1000 miles on his M3P, and he got a nail in a tire. I was working on my boat at the yacht club, he appears to have been there for an event b/c the way he is dressed - well, we aren't that kind of club. I tried to offer him some help, but he seemed dead-set on doing it the hard way. I literally have a plug kit in my trunk and an air pump in my frunk. I probably could have had him all set in about 15 minutes.

Instead he's probably going to be into this for $1000 and be carless for a few days. He'll probably turn into one of those instant haters. I tried.

It was probably Tesla Roadside Assistance or AAA, either of which would provide a free tow to a shop that will present the owner with the option of patching the tire for ~$15 or the "recommended" option of replacing the entire car just to be "on the safe side".

So yeah, with uBer and everything, he's either out $30 and 60 minutes, or $55,490, and 70 minutes, depending on which option he chose. Sure was nice of you to offer to patch it for him though!