Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RFP EM-008-2023: DC Fast Charging Stations – Phase 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a bit surprised at the Millinocket choice. It is only 10 miles from the Medway SC. I have never seen Medway busy — even on eclipse day there were empty slots. Usually I am the only one charging, been there half a dozen times.
Why are you surprised? Unless the Medway Superchargers are open to ALL CCS vehicles, i.e. MagicDock, and has special software to guarantee 150kW on at least 4 stalls it isn't a NEVI compliant site and can't be taken into account when determining where to place the NEVI funded sites. (Being a 6 stall V2 site, it likely only has 500kW of power available, which also doesn't meet the NEVI 600kW minimum.)

Why are you surprised? Unless the Medway Superchargers are open to ALL CCS vehicles, i.e. MagicDock, and has special software to guarantee 150kW on at least 4 stalls it isn't a NEVI compliant site and can't be taken into account when determining where to place the NEVI funded sites. (Being a 6 stall V2 site, it likely only has 500kW of power available, which also doesn't meet the NEVI 600kW minimum.)

Medway Supercharger is V2 so in policy terms it doesn't exist.
Medway is planned to get a couple of CCS chargers as part of Phase 4 but they don't have to be NEVI standard, only the site has to have enough power to be upgraded to 4 x 150kW+.

Millinocket is used as a base for Baxter State Park/Katahdin Woods so if you want electrification, it makes sense to put a couple of chargers there.