Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Augusta, ME - 281 Civic Center Dr

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is where the Augusta Supercharger should always have been. I used this Irving across the street extensively when I drove ICE, but I have always passed the Augusta Supercharger up on the hill because it takes forever to get up there. That and there aren't really any good food/bathroom options up there. I don't need a sit-down experience like Red Robin and the other quick-food options are a somewhat harrowing walk up and down that windy, hilly access drive. Waterville is good except that sometimes Augusta is the sweeter spot in terms of arriving at the best battery percentage for charging.

I wonder if the one up by the mall will remain open? Speaking for myself, I doubt I'd ever use it again after this one opens.
Agree that the supercharger "up the hill" by the Red Rob has met an unfortunate situation. Development up there got killed by the Pandemic. The Red Robin itself closed for a while. Finding a bathroom is a challenge.
Nice view from up there, but it's a long way up that hill, and only one way to get up there.
I bet it's hard for Tesla to re-deploy equipment, after putting so much time and effort into building it out. It's a "sunk cost" now, so I expect that it's cheaper to leave there than to move it.

June First update on the newer site across from the Rt27 Irving station, in the Comfort Inn parking lot. I had driven by there about two weeks ago, and there was no construction activity. Today, the edge of the parking lot has been fenced off, in the peculiar way that Tesla does it. So, it seems that there is forward progress.

To See images of the new site:

Jump to 7:30 of this youtube video: