Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y - have I made a huge mistake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my post #55 about my MY's severe and dangerous late braking well after passing a potential incident. It has not happened again, so I assume that there was a bug in a software release that was then fixed in the update issued a few days later.
As compensation, the matrix headlights update seems to work well. Maybe there's some hope for the wipers, although being better able to detect when it's raining is a waste of time - it's water on the screen itself that should be the trigger.

Tesla is probably not the best outfit for fixing blown tires on the road. I was on a trip (in my old Prius, not my Tesla) when the tire blew. A call to AAA (how did we live before cell phones?), a tow to a tire dealer, and I was back on the road within two hours of the incident.

That said, my only experience with Tesla Service has been to install options (garage door opener and HEPA filter installation) or to rotate the tires. So far, nothing on the car has gone wrong (56,000 miles, knock wood...)

Update on my post #55 about my MY's severe and dangerous late braking well after passing a potential incident. It has not happened again, so I assume that there was a bug in a software release that was then fixed in the update issued a few days later.
As compensation, the matrix headlights update seems to work well. Maybe there's some hope for the wipers, although being better able to detect when it's raining is a waste of time - it's water on the screen itself that should be the trigger.
No there isn't.
Everyone uses cameras for Matrix LED headlights so there is nothing special about the new headlight tech ( welcome though it is). The current cameras though are not fit for purpose as rain sensors and never will be. If they could make them work they would have done it by now.

Reactions: pipestem and Durzel