Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes right next to it. But the span panel reads the gateway data by plugging into the Ethernet port of the Tesla gateway. I still don’t think this will solve my issue because when WiFi goes down on my gateway so does cellular and Ethernet. Then a few resets of the gateway all works again. It’s like the network card is going out but I’m hoping that’s not the case. I just don’t know what else would cause the cellular, Ethernet, and WiFi to all quit working at the same time on the gateway.
I think it’s AT&T. 😆 as a life long Customer.

Do you know if that's still the case with the Tesla Backup Switch?

I was told in December that I couldn't use that yet (not approved by Ercot) and had to install a Gateway V2 just to manage the grid connection, but that it didn't have a seamless transition when there was power loss.

So technically speaking, it's not fast enough... depending on what source or where you read, the whole setup will kick in anywhere from ~100ms to 1-2 seconds. Either way, UPS transfer time is typically 5-10ms or faster. Your PC and things like that won't stay on, depending on how sensitive it is. I have UPS on my TV and related equipment, my internet/networking equipment, my home security equipment, and my POE switch for my security cameras.

Now, in practice, you may not actually notice the switch. For example if you were already in a situation where the Powerwall or Solar is providing all the energy needs, then you won't notice... But if you are on grid, then your sensitive electronics will cut off before the Powerwall kicks in.

Reactions: DrewHou
I work regularly at a building or group of buildings daily. Charging at night is great. But when I have to work late in the day or overnight (on call). Waiting to charge at night. Won’t help me. So I usually stop by a Supercharger. I guess that’s about .32-.36 cent per kWh. More than any retail plan. Depends on where I charge. Now that I have more PW’s. I try to get 10kWh’s out of them. For a little Juice.
Every owner will have a different life or work style. Hopefully as more people get Solar and Storage. We will have more options for Retail energy plans.

I work regularly at a building or group of buildings daily. Charging at night is great. But when I have to work late in the day or overnight (on call). Waiting to charge at night. Won’t help me. So I usually stop by a Supercharger. I guess that’s about .32-.36 cent per kWh. More than any retail plan. Depends on where I charge. Now that I have more PW’s. I try to get 10kWh’s out of them. For a little Juice.
Every owner will have a different life or work style. Hopefully as more people get Solar and Storage. We will have more options for Retail energy plans.
Yeah my situation is a bit different I almost never have to SC. Always charge the cars at night the Model S about once a week or two. The Model 3 gets charged 2x a week or 3. Since it’s the RWD it gets topped up to 100. So we pay nearly $0 a year to charge 2 cars because of the free nights. That lets me pump the extra solar to the grid at 3 cents to cover any fees so I get a credit each month even though my grid usage is roughly 1-2k kWh a month and my excess is 200-500 kWh to the grid.

I don’t think Tesla will offer me anything like this because how could they make any money… in 2023 I used 15MWh and only gave them 2.4MWh back and they paid me all year to do it! 🤣 i wish I could lock in this plan for 10 years!!

IMG_1624.jpeg

Reactions: DTXMME and Jones1
Yeah my situation is a bit different I almost never have to SC. Always charge the cars at night the Model S about once a week or two. The Model 3 gets charged 2x a week or 3. Since it’s the RWD it gets topped up to 100. So we pay nearly $0 a year to charge 2 cars because of the free nights. That lets me pump the extra solar to the grid at 3 cents to cover any fees so I get a credit each month even though my grid usage is roughly 1-2k kWh a month and my excess is 200-500 kWh to the grid.

I don’t think Tesla will offer me anything like this because how could they make any money… in 2023 I used 15MWh and only gave them 2.4MWh back and they paid me all year to do it! 🤣 i wish I could lock in this plan for 10 years!!

View attachment 1047451
😆 No notifications for me. It’s back to check the app. 😂

$33 per month per Powerwall.VPP!!!
You will not control your Powerwall. You will only be able to set your reserve storage. I’ll probably Go 25/75 for Tesla Electric to control.
I assume they will charge the PW mostly between 12-4am 5.9cents.
This is new. So it might be bugs at first.
But I signed up of course. 😆
1715827127145.jpeg

Moving your reserve will help you control more of the PW.
Example.
50% reserve most of the day. Then lower the reserve later in the day. I notice with my First TE plan. That would help me use less grid and control when TE would charge the PW.

$1200 a year. For 3PW’s Is AMAZING. It will depend on how much Telsa will pimp your Powerwall charging from the Grid.
This is for all PW’s.
I am too much of a control freak, that's not enough money for me to give Tesla basically full control of my PW and my usage habits. lol

I am happy knowing that with my current setup, I drive at zero energy cost and will get negative electric bill each month, and have full control of my stuff.

• Love
Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
I am too much of a control freak, that's not enough money for me to give Tesla basically full control of my PW and my usage habits. lol

I am happy knowing that with my current setup, I drive at zero energy cost and will get negative electric bill each month, and have full control of my stuff.
Yes. That is actually better. Not worrying about paying a monthly bill is great. I had so many Rules set up for my PW. I can care less about me managing it or Tesla Electric. I want to make a profit. Or pay nothing. I also like to try new stuff. Taking a part something that is broke. Even if I think I can't fix it. 😆 I like Pain. But the pleasure comes from discovering something new and being first.

You will not move the backup reserve slider. Currently.
Maybe it’s stuck on 30%. Because I had it on 30%. Just like Beyoncé. I woke up like this. Surprised they didn’t set it to 25%. Also I’ve noticed that export is on solar only. I had this setting set like this. So it will probably change too.
IMG_1754.png

IMG_1755.png

IMG_1756.png

Interesting...$400/PW/Year is great, and you still get fixed sellback rate of $0.04?

Cybertruck coming this Friday. If Powershare works and I can combine them, I'm going back to TE to try that out as soon as I break even on my early termination fee with JE.
Congratulations 🎉🍾🎈 Friend. Where do we meet for the Free Rides. 😂 joke