Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And again, a contract is a contract.

The “resolution” it could lead to is losing even more. Leo wanted Elon ousted in Jan 2023. I never trust an Uber bull because when they go negative, they go negative hard. There’s no middle ground. Dangerous either way.

I hope the following happens:
1. Leo sticks with no vote.
2. It passes regardless.
3. We get to ATH.
4. Leo admits he was wrong. (Still wouldn’t trust him though.)
The "resolution" is Elon coming to an understanding what made his shareholders tick, what he should do to assure them his vision still aligns with the company's, then ask them to vote again if needed. I've never proposed to replace him.

Again.

Either
a/ A large number of shareholders, including KoGuan, turned into assholes for no apparent reason
or
b/ Elon pissed them off in some way

one view leads to resolution, the other does not.
A and B are both true.

If my wife pissed me off that caused me to cheat on her, breaking our marriage vow...it definitely makes me an asshole.

While I voted “Yes” for the most important proposal , I will not judge the shareholders who voted or plan to vote No

I will give them the benefit of doubt for their actions
May be they are True Elon followers in that they are following his style of management . Fire everyone first and then rehire as needed . The severance package will suffice in lieu for years of dedicated hard work toiling for the Mission
May be their NO is part of 5D chess which we all have learned from Elon over the past few years
May be their actions won’t hurt Tesla as it’s in a much stronger position than it was few years ago

May be their are exercising their free speech for which we all have paid a price . That is a worthy cause .

May be this vote doesn’t matter as the final goal is Mars or bust / S

By "everyone", I mean his shareholders. How did the vote pass with overwhelming support in 2018? Why are they struggling now? Oil and gas didn't suddenly hate him more.

If you followed KoGuan vs Elon's exchanges in December of 2022, you should know that exchange captured the essence of sentiment changes among his supporters. He/they begged him to stop / pause but was/were ignored, even unfollowed.

I'm not someone who cares what people on X think about Elon, but we're talking about his shareholders here. People who have a vested interest in the company. He should take this very seriously.

If he quits, he'll burn so many bridges behind him that I seriously doubt his other companies can survive.
And perhaps most importantly to him, there goes his capital for his sci-fi space junkets……..

Reactions: advocate8 and dl003
I think we already saw the article about Cybertruck sales outpacing the Rivian truck (R1T) in March of this year.

I don't think it will be long before we see a story that the Cybertruck is outselling all the other EV trucks individually in the US. Seems like that's a pretty likely headline in the next couple months. And, unless the others start to really ramp up, probably not long after that, we'll see that the Cybertruck is outselling all the other US EV pickups combined. With the Cybertruck ramp number targets being so much higher than the others, it seems like less than a year before headlines say that the CUMULATIVE Cybertruck sales also exceed each of the other individual US EV pickups, despite their "head starts"...

The Cybertruck had 1158 registractions in March.

In March, the R1T had 548 US reservations. Additionally, we know that Rivian sold a TOTAL of roughly 50,000 vehicles in 2023 (including the R1T, the R1S, and the delivery van), and expect to do the same this year. So...only about 4000 total vehicles per month on average, and it seems like a large fraction of those must be the delivery van.

The article noted that the F150 Lightning had 2,893 registrations in March. But, if my googling is correct, the F150 Lightning sold only a total of roughly 24,000 units in 2023, so their average is more like 2,000 per month.

I don't know the numbers for the other EV trucks in the US...but my gut says the Lightning is probably the highest volume?

We know the Cybertruck battery production can support 1000 per week (so ~4,000 per month), and I believe we've seen that the trucks themselves can also be produced at that rate. And, of course, both are still ramping.

I really expect that we'll hear for April or May that the Cybertruck's monthly registrations topped the Lightning.

Almost seems like it won't be too long before, not only is the Cybertruck the top monthly seller as an EV pickup truck in the US, but will utlimately outsell all the others combined on a monthly basis. That won't stop the assorted complaints and critiques of the truck...but it will certainly take some of the confidence out of them.

And then after that...how long before the total/cumulative Cybertruck deliveries reach higher totals than each of the other EV trucks in the US? Much like how the Bolt "beat" the Model 3 to market, but the Model 3 far outsold it in time (for many reasons), I don't think it will be long before we see similar for the Cybertruck....

Last edited:
The "resolution" is Elon coming to an understanding what made his shareholders tick, what he should do to assure them his vision still aligns with the company's, then ask them to vote again if needed. I've never proposed to replace him.
It would be nice if Elon could “tone it down” on some things. But I don’t see that happening until maybe after the election. I don’t think he will buy another twitter or anything of that magnitude again. Hopefully the next big stuff is Tesla/SpaceX related.

Last edited:
While I voted “Yes” for the most important proposal , I will not judge the shareholders who voted or plan to vote No

I will give them the benefit of doubt for their actions
May be they are True Elon followers in that they are following his style of management . Fire everyone first and then rehire as needed . The severance package will suffice in lieu for years of dedicated hard work toiling for the Mission
May be their NO is part of 5D chess which we all have learned from Elon over the past few years
May be their actions won’t hurt Tesla as it’s in a much stronger position than it was few years ago

May be their are exercising their free speech for which we all have paid a price . That is a worthy cause .

May be this vote doesn’t matter as the final goal is Mars or bust / S
You're magnanimous. I for one will certainly judge those who vote no

He just wants to control it without the tedious aspects of being CEO?

““At what point do you decide Tesla is bigger than Musk?” The entrepreneur has repeatedly claimed he never wanted to be CEO and hoped to step back and serve as chief product architect once the initial problems manufacturing the Model 3 were solved during the critical launch over six years ago.”

One can have enough controlling interest without being CEO.

I think we already saw the article about Cybertruck sales outpacing the Rivian truck (R1T) in March of this year.

I don't think it will be long before we see a story that the Cybertruck is outselling all the other EV trucks in the US. Seems like that's a pretty likely headline in the next couple months. And, unless the others start to really ramp up, probably not long after that, we'll see that the Cybertruck is outselling all the other US EV pickups combined. With the Cybertruck ramp number targets being so much higher than the others, it seems like less than a year before headlines say that the CUMULATIVE Cybertruck sales also exceed each of the other individual US EV pickups, despite their "head starts"...

In March, the R1T had 548 US reservations. Additionally, we know that Rivian sold a TOTAL of roughly 50,000 vehicles in 2023 (including the R1T, the R1S, and the delivery van), and expect to do the same this year. So...only about 4000 total vehicles per month on average, and it seems like a large fraction of those must be the delivery van.

The article noted that the F150 Lightning had 2,893 registrations in March. But, if my googling is correct, the F150 Lightning sold only a total of roughly 24,000 units in 2023, so their average is more like 2,000 per month.

I don't know the numbers for the other EV trucks in the US...but my gut says the Lightning is probably the highest volume?

We know the Cybertruck battery production can support 1000 per week (so ~4,000 per month), and I believe we've seen that the trucks themselves can also be produced at that rate. And, of course, both are still ramping.

I really expect that we'll hear for April or May that the Cybertruck's monthly registrations topped the Lightning.

Almost seems like it won't be too long before, not only is the Cybertruck the top monthly seller as an EV pickup truck in the US, but will utlimately outsell all the others combined on a monthly basis. That won't stop the assorted complaints and critiques of the truck...but it will certainly take some of the confidence out of them.

And then after that...how long before the total/cumulative Cybertruck deliveries reach higher totals than each of the other EV trucks in the US? Much like how the Bolt "beat" the Model 3 to market, but the Model 3 far outsold it in time (for many reasons), I don't think it will be long before we see similar for the Cybertruck....
Agree, but don’t think the model will be considered successful without taking a serious chunk out of F150 and variants.

I don't think it will be long before we see a story that the Cybertruck is outselling all the other EV trucks in the US. Seems like that's a pretty likely headline in the next couple months. And, unless the others start to really ramp up, probably not long after that, we'll see that the Cybertruck is outselling all the other US EV pickups combined. With the Cybertruck ramp number targets being so much higher than the others, it seems like less than a year before headlines say that the CUMULATIVE Cybertruck sales also exceed each of the other individual US EV pickups, despite their "head starts"...

Based on several videos (one attached here) the CT production rate seems very strong.

I am very positive on CT becoming the major contributor to their car sales.

A failed vote would transfer all that compensation owed to Musk back to the company.

It's not really difficult to read his chess move here.

1. He wants to do his own XAI thing controlled by him
Adding how, more accurately, he wants to protect mankind by maintaining enough control over the project to prevent AI from having an unbalanced view of things affecting its decision-making in a way that is negative for us meat-sacks.
2. Investors feel mislead that he made it seem like Tesla was going to be this AI company
Some, maybe. Not me. 🙂
3. He knew the result of the case way before we did, so he put out the statement about the 25% of Tesla or not comfortable with AI
He's just looking out for mankind. He has been very clear about this. It isn't about him, it is about the potential for AI to do harm being addressed now, while in its infancy.

For instance, should shareholders with such a mindset gain enough votes to support programming AI to accept "political correctness" as being made dominant in decision making, rather than simple logic and reason. How would that work out? :eek:

Watch 2001 A Space Odyssey, Terminator, or The Matrix for an overview of potential problems which could be the result of careless AI development.
4. He thinks the vote will fail because of his own actions/plus people are not willing to give him a compensation if they don't need to.
It is out of his control. He is just waiting to see where the chips fall, then will adjust his plans based upon where the outcome leaves things. Elon is not one to become emotionally attached to concerns over personal wealth.
5. Now it's the shareholders fault for not granting him 25%, so he moves AI away from Tesla.
Without placing blame, Elon supports such a move as a solid strategy for the reasons stated above.

It could be done in a way that is equitable and supportive of the Tesla mission in every respect, while placing control over AI development out of the reach of shareholders votes resulting in destroying the world in a Matrix-like future. I don't want to be a Copper-top. Who would?
But now the insect bites back lol...cause...we bite..yeah whatever. Elon rolls his eyes and it's exactly what he predicted...
This seems to have a greater than zero chance of being an accurate assessment. ;)

And again, a contract is a contract.

The “resolution” it could lead to is losing even more. Leo wanted Elon ousted in Jan 2023. I never trust an Uber bull because when they go negative, they go negative hard. There’s no middle ground. Dangerous either way.

I hope the following happens:
1. Leo sticks with no vote.
2. It passes regardless.
3. We get to ATH.
4. Leo admits he was wrong. (Still wouldn’t trust him though.)

5. Tesla wins the appeal in Delaware and Elon gets his paycheck anyway.

The shorts are all, so to speak, holding bags of nitro. They need to drop their bags to run away, but if a large enough bag gets dropped all goes “boom!"

The shorts are praying for a miracle. The shareholder vote is the next thing they’ve latched onto, maybe that’ll help them for a bit longer, maybe not.

Previously I couldn’t see how someone could be caught and run over by a steamroller especially while holding a bag of nitro. Now it seems obvious.

Or, the shorts are backed by some deep pockets that can afford the loss, simply because holding TSLA back serves another purpose for them.

Such as, someone wanting to sway a vote, or someone who has a deeply held desire to delay their own irrelevance in whatever industry might have billions a day to spend on maintaining their falling reign for as long as possible.

This is no way discounts the stupidity of any among the TSLAQ who follow such a trend purely out of FOMO and a false hope they will finally be proven right. 😏

Last edited:

I don't think it will be long before we see a story that the Cybertruck is outselling all the other EV trucks individually in the US. Seems like that's a pretty likely headline in the next couple months. And, unless the others start to really ramp up, probably not long after that, we'll see that the Cybertruck is outselling all the other US EV pickups combined. With the Cybertruck ramp number targets being so much higher than the others, it seems like less than a year before headlines say that the CUMULATIVE Cybertruck sales also exceed each of the other individual US EV pickups, despite their "head starts"...

And, we all knew this a year or two ago, based on the combination of Tesla's demonstrated manufacturing prowess and Cybertruck having reservations enough to carry production half a decade into the future without having to take a single order after deliveries began. :cool: