Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a bus or a train you are probably sharing with a stranger, and the seat may be smaller.

This ticks most of the boxes for what I hoped to see, and what I expected to see, Narrow frontal area means less drag and hence fewer kWh per mile.

So I may be in the minority, but I hope the final product is very close to this design.
That's not going to be a shared platform in the US most of the time. Not with other options available.

Reactions: MC3OZ
Google says 64% of cars were financed in 2022 after China eased their finance policies in 2018. 85% in US.
My numbers were very old like from 2010. I had trouble finding more up to date numbers.

However I did find this which gives credibility to the 64% you are talking about.

Two key points:
1) The Tesla Semi still has a driver's seat and a full suite of controls.
2) My understanding is that while being a trucker was once a very good option for making a decent living, over the years the conditions have become worse and the pay has not kept up with inflation. I would imagine that as older truckers retire, there will be fewer young folks looking to slot into those roles. There needs to be a transition at some point, so autonomous trucks will be needed eventually.

I'd expect the mid game to be a human in that center seat that can't drive the truck all that well (let the FSD do what it can) and multiple humanoid robots in the trailer riding with the cargo (maybe 1 or 2 behind the human in the cab even).

You might not be able to hire proper drivers but you could higher a human to baby sit some robots and do various bits of maintenance.

Don’t forget Phase 4: Snuggle up to the most politically connected climate deniers on the planet and give them comfort while they cut back room deals with Big Oil and plan to quash the U.S. EV market, NOAA and the EPA next year.
Somehow the plan now seems to be undermining TSLA, and the once all-important Mission.
50% of the postings are missing with the absence of two members, I'd wager.
Civility index up 78.6 percent.

I could watch Caresoft presentations all day. So well thought out. (Kind if like Cybertruck?)
John's reactions and Terry's style are a nice balnce to Munro, whom I also wouldn't miss.
Bullish!
(Not advice ;) )

This made me wonder (circled) . . . and smile . . .
View attachment 1049380

(Not an electrician . . . well, maybe a hack electrician ;))
Struggling with the perspective in that pic, why was the 2024 TESLA CYBERTRUCK description against the wall?

Struggling with the perspective in that pic, why was the 2024 TESLA CYBERTRUCK description against the wall?
Pic is a (cropped) screen shot of the video (approximately 13:12) @WattsHappening linked
It shows a table near a wall where you can walk on either side.
On the table are labled PCMs from a 2022 Model Y and a 2024 Cybertruck and they discuss the amazing progress Tesla engineers are making in short time.
( mabye AMAZING/AWESOME/INDUSTRY TOPPING would be more appropriate )

Lurking in the background is the "less than ideal" solution (which I circled) to needing power on the other side of the wall, which caught my ( juvenile ) attention. 😜 We could discuss what we think it's for (coffe maker?) but I'm too lazy to start another thread.

Tesla being copied................greatest form of flattery.

1716346234649.png

1716346269183.png

Next chapter in the Caresoft teardown of the CT. I really like how Terry goes in depth on the progression from one vehicle to another, in this case, the progression from the Model Y to CT. He is duly impressed with the changes that are being made, with a focus on manufacturability. I also like how he points out areas that can still be improved.

Must watch to get even a better sense of how hard Tesla pushes innovation. It further drives home what most of us here already know -- Tesla is accelerating faster than the competition is catching up.

It would be more impressive if he knew what he was talking about. He constantly talks about using transformers for voltage reduction. This is DC guys! You use DC to DC converters, a complex analog circuit, not transformers!

Also Jordan of The Limiting Factor showed that Tesla’s side cooling was better than bottom cooling since you have a bigger contact patch area.

Well sure if you are crashing at the same speeds. Are you riding at 25 - 30 mph?

Cycling at 30 mph is much safer than motorcycle at 50 mph, even with a bit more padding.
Depends. Are you on a road with a prevailing speed of 50 mph or 20? Speed isn't the dangerous issue-difference in speed with regard to other vehicles is. And how many cyclists are maintaining 30mph?

This article supports a negative future case for Tesla…saying eventually CCP will squeeze out Tesla :

I agree with the article.

Common CCP operation is feed, entrap, slaughter. It's pretty public knowledge.

Ifthey can do it to Foxconn,nothing prevents them from doing it to tesla. The moment CCP got their internal supply chain for ev up to par, they will do the slaughtering.

I used to think tesla will be immune, but that was before what happened to foxconn.

Ifthey can do it to Foxconn,nothing prevents them from doing it to tesla. The moment CCP got their internal supply chain for ev up to par, they will do the slaughtering.

I used to think tesla will be immune, but that was before what happened to foxconn.
It could possibly happen, that is why there will be more Giga Factories in different continents. There is always the geopolitical risk when dealing with country.

thats not really a "CCP" thing. Whatever you do, there is an Asian who can do it better than you. Asians, especially Chinese, are just very very good at copying and improving. The pace at which Tesla improves has to be faster than those who try to imitate it.

“Even as Tesla’s performance is floundering, the board has yet to ensure that Tesla has a full-time CEO who is adequately focused on the long-term sustainable success of our company,” the group said.
I told you this vote is not about the compensation at all, those who vote no wants to remove Elon as CEO.

This article supports a negative future case for Tesla…saying eventually CCP will squeeze out Tesla :

Putting aside the validity of this article, Apple's China problem is 100 times worse than Tesla, yet AAPL is at all time high, because reasons...

I told you this vote is not about the compensation at all, those who vote no wants to remove Elon as CEO.
what you quoted doesnt support your claim though. They want a CEO who is 100% focused on Tesla and claim Musk is distracted. That doesnt mean they want a replacement, unless your premise is Elon is incapable of being fully committed to Tesla.

Last edited:
Wow, this is a shocker:
The left wing Guardian publishes anti EV FUD. I mean, look at this titbit: ‘Because of an archiving problem, data from 2018 onwards is not available.’.
There seems to be a drift away from EVs in the left wing UK media, based on this and the BBC’s recent output .

Wow, this is a shocker:
The left wing Guardian publishes anti EV FUD. I mean, look at this titbit: ‘Because of an archiving problem, data from 2018 onwards is not available.’.
There seems to be a drift away from EVs in the left wing UK media, based on this and the BBC’s recent output .
might as well title it "people who dont look where they are going are more likely to die"

what you quoted doesnt support your claim though. They want a CEO who is 100% focused on Tesla and claim Musk is distracted. That doesnt mean they want a replacement, unless your premise is Elon is incapable of being fully committed to Tesla.
They want a full time CEO, you know very well Elon couldn't do that since he wouldn't give up his other companies especially SpaceX.

might as well title it "people who dont look where they are going are more likely to die"
Yeah. As I grew up there were public information films on TV teaching kids how to cross the road (one sequence even used Dave Prowse before he donned the Darth Vader suit). That’s all gone.

And don’t get me started on people with headphones, ear buds, or just staring at a screen as they stroll into the road.

Decent cars should have some sort of pedestrian hazard detection system for these idiots. Oh, wait…