Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things I worry about

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things about my tesla I worry about....

And none of them are range, nor AP.

- Will the high beam work? Because if it doesn't, I don't know how to use it :)
- It's rained, has it leaked like a sieve... will there be water everywhere?
- Will it let me down when I go to demo the acceleration to a friend and end up looking like a berk?

What worries do you have?

Mine still has not been rain tested. I worry about it leaking. I hope it won't and I am sure that one incident we know about was an edge case, but man that would bother me a whole lot.

I worry about someone messing with it when I'm not there and Sentry Mode misses it. Possibly worse, Sentry Mode doesn't miss it.

I worry that I'm missing out by not buying FSD for 8k, but I don't really have 8k to throw at it right now.

All Tesla drivers probably need these but what does it do to our bodywork?

ca_fish-and-chips-van.jpg

...it's a worry.

Odd that as I find them to be very good. Clearly you haven't driven a Volt/Ampera in the dark! :)
I haven't Mercedes C class and CLS class. The matrix LED headlights on those type of cars is something to behold (I imagine it's the same for the A4 and the BMW 3 series, which are in the same class as the Model 3) It's a gigantic degradation in performance for me, both in overall illumination, functionality (the headlights stay on main beam when necessary only dimming the part that has oncoming traffic etc. Meaning you can still see stuff like the side of the road) and most certainly in usability. The auto main beam on my CLS was flawless and the c class had very view failures. The "auto" main beam on the Model 3 is not only less functional but almost laughably unusable. I can cope with the other model 3 "auto" features that aren't up to standard, like the poor adaptive cruise control and even the not very accurate auto wipers. The "auto " headlight feature on the Model 3 though is dangerously, comically bad

I haven't Mercedes C class and CLS class. The matrix LED headlights on those type of cars is something to behold (I imagine it's the same for the A4 and the BMW 3 series, which are in the same class as the Model 3) It's a gigantic degradation in performance for me, both in overall illumination, functionality (the headlights stay on main beam when necessary only dimming the part that has oncoming traffic etc. Meaning you can still see stuff like the side of the road) and most certainly in usability. The auto main beam on my CLS was flawless and the c class had very view failures. The "auto" main beam on the Model 3 is not only less functional but almost laughably unusable. I can cope with the other model 3 "auto" features that aren't up to standard, like the poor adaptive cruise control and even the not very accurate auto wipers. The "auto " headlight feature on the Model 3 though is dangerously, comically bad

I agree with this. I didn't have matrix LED on my C Class but the auto high-beams (and auto wipers) worked flawlessly for me. However, apart from the auto high-beams, I find the headlights better on the Model 3 than my C Class - the C Class seemed to point a bit too low and didn't light up the road ahead enough. I now have auto high-beam switched off and the auto wipers are shocking in the dark with heavy rain as I found out the other day.

I had a CLS as well and also thought the headlights, cornering lights and auto high beam were stunning. The headlights on the MS are just adequate and the auto high beam is okay if just bit too laggy to be useable. Both feel like 'old technology' compared to the CLS, despite my CLS being older than my MS.

The only other aspect I miss is the cornering - the CLS took a corner like it was on rails.

Reactions: Neilio
I worry that if I rob a bank my getaway will be thwarted because the car won’t detect my phone to unlock.
I worry that if I rob a bank my getaway will be thwarted due to the delay in the screen waking up to enter my PIN code.
I worry that if I rob a bank my getaway will be thwarted by phantom braking when I need phantom acceleration.

I worry I’m talking about robbing a bank.

I worry that if I rob a bank my getaway will be thwarted because the car won’t detect my phone to unlock.
I worry that if I rob a bank my getaway will be thwarted due to the delay in the screen waking up to enter my PIN code.
I worry that if I rob a bank my getaway will be thwarted by phantom braking when I need phantom acceleration.

I worry I’m talking about robbing a bank.
I wouldn’t worry about robbing a bank. My recent experience is it’s easier to steal their money than move your own around without them stalling in case of fraud :eek:

I worry that i have left my lights on, Iron on and door unlocked at home because i rushed out to drive my Tesla.

Sheeeeit..... Left the kids home alone. Knew i forgot something.

I forgot to do my trouser zip up a few times because i rushed out to get in the car to go to work in the morning after getting dressed. I got some strange looks at work until i realised.

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Any accident on the freeway where Tesla will not pick up the car and the regular towing driver doesn't know how to handle the car.
Glass breakage where replacement cost from Tesla is over $1,000: windshield, rear glass and top glass. Frunk lid can easily slip back and break windshield. Rear glass can break beause of any unusual stress. Top glass can break due to Tesla error when installing or car body stress.
Any little body damage where Tesla can charge any price they choose and can't get repairs from an independent.
Computer problems that can shut down the car or the charging where only hauling the car to Tesla is the solution regardless of the distance.
Owning the car with no warranty when resale value will take a dive because of service problems and competation being available.
Owing a car that's like my computer. It is never perfect, always some problem showing up and maybe going away. No peace of mind!
Looking at the car every day and seeing quality isues that aren't in my other luxury cars (Lexus LS, Jaguar XJR and Jaguar XKR).

Now don't despair as I also have a long list of what I like about the car.

I constantly worry that someone will dent my car in the narrow parking spaces since there are no reserved parking for Tesla drivers only, who are very careful abt their precious cars. And I worry that one day passers-by will stop staring at my car (and smiling jealously).

• Funny