Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Title Missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having trouble registering my car in the state of Arkansas because the registration packet is missing the title. Has anyone faced this problem? Any pointers on how to solve this problem? I have been in multiple calls with sales and service teams and they don’t seem to have a clue about this.

Dumb question but did you ever possess the title? Until the car is paid off, the loan company owns the title. But if your car is paid for, then I'm wrong and perhaps you need to apply for a duplicate title.

Reactions: flai54
I recently traded in my Tesla for another Tesla and paid the difference in cash via the app. The SC swapped my old plate (NC has no front plate) and said the title and registration would be mailed. I drove with the old registration for 2 or 3 weeks until the new one arrived by US mail . It was another 3 weeks before I got my title via messenger (UPS or FEDEX). I don't know if this applies to you, but I found it a very opaque process.

I am having trouble registering my car in the state of Arkansas because the registration packet is missing the title. Has anyone faced this problem? Any pointers on how to solve this problem? I have been in multiple calls with sales and service teams and they don’t seem to have a clue about this.
Did you buy the car all in cash? Until you paid off the car, which I assume you did not, you will NOT get the title of the car. Basically all you should get from the state is the state registration card/sticker of the car that Tesla back office should have prepared for you when you bought the car on delivery day as proof that the car is registered with the state.