Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visible Paint Between FWD & Rear Panels - Temp Fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off this is just a temp fix until I can find something more permanent using weather strips or thin foam tape. I KNOW ITS GHETTO AND DUMB!!!!! But i'm still going to try to help my situation as I have anxiety taking it to the service center :oops:

I have always hated the huge gaps on the rear quarter panel area of the falcon doors and the rear quarter panel glass. On white MX's, the paint between these two panels is super visible. So I tried using black duct tape to see if I could maneuver and place the tape down just enough to not interfere with the door or pinch sensor. So far it has worked and gave me the confidence to search for something a bit more permanent. For now I'll just keep the black tape in place lol and trim it back a bit more. Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions for me to try instead. The black duct tape is weatherproof and easy to remove if need be.
I wanted to see how it would look and to be honest, I'm liking it better.

Lets hope Tesla does not see this post and incorporate this fix to their "methods" 😆

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg