Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks lower than mine. How did you get the rear so low? I'm at 8mm longer with a max of 9 for rear and still have 2" rear (and 1" front). When I was at 9, the rear link hits the sensor with the car jacked up. My front looks similar to yours tho.

Saw a YT video where a shop was lowering a MX for a customer who "wanted it slammed". When they were done, you couldn't jack the rear tires off the ground due to the sensors hitting. Customer did not like the ride so they raised it h

Hey Rockwell, were you able to grab any pics?
Oh man. Been so busy with work. Here is one outside of work.
IMG_5849.jpeg

I see you have front splash guards, does that protect again chips in the area in front of the rear wheel enough? I already have front splash guards and have some PPF to install in that area too, but just curious if with the spacers it kicks more up.
I think since the wheels are out more, it will cause more rock chips. The guards and ppf help with preventing chips on the side doors. My old model x didn’t have mud guards or pppf it for awhile and I noticed a lot of chips on the doors.

I see you have front splash guards, does that protect again chips in the area in front of the rear wheel enough? I already have front splash guards and have some PPF to install in that area too, but just curious if with the spacers it kicks more up.

I think since the wheels are out more, it will cause more rock chips. The guards and ppf help with preventing chips on the side doors. My old model x didn’t have mud guards or pppf it for awhile and I noticed a lot of chips on the doors.
I'm actually considering the pricey/premium Rally Armor flaps now that the front tire really extends past most of the upper flap area. Maybe just running the fronts overall since the rears don't do much for you...just limit spray for others behind you.

Been noticing lots of wet spray down the sides which gets annoying, but no real rock issues yet.

I'm currently running these cheap flaps (Amazon link below) that fit like OEM but the coverage up higher is minimal. Pics are with my OEM setup prior to the spacers and Martian wheels.

I do have some PPF on the lower rear Falcon doors as well where the body flares out. This is a very common spot for rock chips on both the Model X and Y.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.JPEG
    IMG_0103.JPEG
    661.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0104.JPEG
    IMG_0104.JPEG
    557.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0105.JPEG
    IMG_0105.JPEG
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0106.JPEG
    IMG_0106.JPEG
    676.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0107.JPEG
    IMG_0107.JPEG
    783.7 KB · Views: 2

I went with these mud flaps from Amazon, because the lower part is flexible, which comes in handy for a lowered vehicle like NJturtlePower and I have. I know I had issues with my PY front flaps rubbing on occasion.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
I went with these mud flaps from Amazon, because the lower part is flexible, which comes in handy for a lowered vehicle like NJturtlePower and I have. I know I had issues with my PY front flaps rubbing on occasion.
Mine are flexible at the bottom as well... I scrape them regularly leaving my driveway if I go too slow in my normal "Low" ride height.

That is something to consider for sure with the Rally Armor ones which are ridged, just not sure how low they hang overall. They cover much more in the upper fender though which is the ideal coverage when running fat wheels and/or spacers.

EDIT: just noticed your link is actually the same as mine... BEEGROW brand. 😆

Reactions: towndrunk
Mine are flexible at the bottom as well... I scrape them regularly leaving my driveway if I go too slow in my normal "Low" ride height.

That is something to consider for sure with the Rally Armor ones which are ridged, just not sure how low they hang overall. They cover much more in the upper fender though which is the ideal coverage when running fat wheels and/or spacers.

EDIT: just noticed your link is actually the same as mine... BEEGROW brand. 😆

Great minds think alike!

Reactions: NJturtlePower