Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will the FSD trial start rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model Y is still stuck on 2024.8.9. Anyone else in the same boat?
My friend is. TeslaFi shows ~7% of cars still on 8.9 and less than 1% still on 8.7.
Tesla was rolling out 14.6 fast until they found the serious bugs with it and stopped it. If it hadn't been for those bugs I think everyone would be off it by now.
My friend had 14.6 ready to install but delayed installing as he was out of town and Tesla pulled it from his car before he got home to install it and start his free trial. Now he waits for 14.7 or whatever comes next.

Last edited:
Looks like 2024.14.7 is starting to roll out wider primarily going to those already on 2024.14.6, so that makes it seem like there was some urgent bug to fix for those already on that version and why the update was proactively pulled from vehicles that had 2024.14.6 pending.

Should be good news for those still waiting on 2024.8.x to get the free trial with 2024.14.7 as this should allow the rollout to resume soon.

My friend is. TeslaFi shows ~7% of cars still on 8.9 and less than 1% still on 8.7.
Tesla was rolling out 14.6 fast until they found the serious bugs with it and stopped it. If it hadn't been for those bugs I think everyone would be off it by now.
My friend had 14.6 ready to install but delayed installing as he was out of town and Tesla pulled it from his car before he got home to install it and start his free trial. Now he waits for 14.7 or whatever comes next.
24.8%
IMG_1856.jpeg

Ah, I see. I was looking at the wrong data then. I went to the "Latest Software Fleet Comparison" with the pie graph. But I guess that is a graph only for vehicles similar to mine with similar mileage and similar location. For those vehicles less than 7% are on 8.9 still. But now I see from your screenshot that fleet wide is much higher. Not sure if the Latest Software Fleet Comparison I was looking at would be more representative of North America as it wouldn't take into account EU/Asia/AUS which never had 3.25 and therefore had way more cars on 8.9 to begin with. The localized data shows 3.25 with 57% of the fleet still where as the entire fleet is 31.9% on 3.25 from your data page.

Not sure if the Latest Software Fleet Comparison I was looking at would be more representative of North America as it wouldn't take into account EU/Asia/AUS which never had 3.25 and therefore had way more cars on 8.9 to begin with. The localized data shows 3.25 with 57% of the fleet still where as the entire fleet is 31.9% on 3.25 from your data page.
The localized data is much more reasonable to look at in the context of FSD. Even though most vehicles using TeslaFi are from US/Canada, they're behind Germany and UK when looking at 2024.8.9 vehicle counts by country. While the current 4,954 total count / 24.8% of fleet is worldwide, focusing on just US vehicles that could even get FSD (HW3+) drops that down to 264 / 1.3%. Part of the reason why 2024.8.9's US numbers are so low now is that 1,661 / 8.3% have already moved to 2024.14.6 or 2024.14.7.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Did anyone go from 8.9 to 14.8 in the last couple days and get the free trial finally?
My friend just got the 14.8 update from 8.9 and it didn't give him the trial....no email, no legal popup in the car and the AP menu only has TACC and Autosteer as it usually does.
Curious if others on 14.8 got the trial....I know people went 8.9 to 14.6 and got it.

Reactions: boonedocks
Did anyone go from 8.9 to 14.8 in the last couple days and get the free trial finally?
My friend just got the 14.8 update from 8.9 and it didn't give him the trial....no email, no legal popup in the car and the AP menu only has TACC and Autosteer as it usually does.
Curious if others on 14.8 got the trial....I know people went 8.9 to 14.6 and got it.
EDIT: Sorry misread. If your friend is on 24.14.8 then they should get the free trial now. If they are on 24.8.9 then they will NOT get it because that is FSD Beta 11.4.9. They will have to wait on the 24.14.8 update to get FSDS 12.3.6.

Last edited:
EDIT: Sorry misread. If your friend is on 24.14.8 then they should get the free trial now. If they are on 24.8.9 then they will NOT get it because that is FSD Beta 11.4.9. They will have to wait on the 24.14.8 update to get FSDS 12.3.6.
Yes he is on 14.8 now (as of this afternoon) and was already on 8.9 before the trial started in April so he was one of the many that didn't get it because they were already ahead of the 3.25 trial branch.

You’re still misreading. They clearly state that “My friend just got the 14.8 update from 8.9 and it didn't give him the trial…”

First sentence "then they should get the free trial now". I see they are in Canada so maybe there are some restriction related to the Provence or maybe the friend needs to be shown how to enable FSDF.
No restrictions, myself and all my other Tesla driving friends and relatives got the free trial back in April and we are all in the same province.

He sent me screenshots of his AP menu and he only has the two TACC and Autosteer options...no FSDS tab. He got no email and no legal popup in the car. Nice 14.x UI though!!

No restrictions, myself and all my other Tesla driving friends and relatives got the free trial back in April and we are all in the same province.

He sent me screenshots of his AP menu and he only has the two TACC and Autosteer options...no FSDS tab. He got no email and no legal popup in the car. Nice 14.x UI though!!
You didn't say what car so is it HW3 or HW4?

2023 HW3 MYLR. Same as my 2022 HW3 MYLR and exact same as my other friend who had the trial in April...2023 HW3 MYLR

I'm just really trying to see if this is a 14.8 "thing" or his is a glitch/anomaly.
If your friend is on 24.14.8 then they should get the free trail.

Wait a couple of days and if nothing then open a Service ticket in the App under Software and explain the problem.

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 5.44.32 PM.png

If your friend is on 24.14.8 then they should get the free trail.

Wait a couple of days and if nothing then open a Service ticket in the App under Software and explain the problem.
Yeah, I know...hence why I came here asking the question as he and I were expecting him to get the trial after the 14.8 install. There were lots of people going from 8.9 to 14.6/14.7 and getting the trial as expected so he should, as you say, get it with 14.8.

He already put a ticket in a few mins ago. We shall see.
Did you read any reports of people not getting the trial immediately after installing an update that has FSD 12.x on it? All reports I remember reading people got the email instantly after the install finished (as did I) and then once you got in the car the popup legal message was there to read and accept.

According to TeslaFi stats, US vehicles with HW3/4 are pretty aggressively moving off of 2024.8.9 to 2024.14.8. There's currently only 60 vehicles left on that service in US with HW3 with 16 other countries with more HW3 vehicles. Looks like there needed to be some update to their automatic FSD trial system as emails seem to have started working again about 12 hours ago.

Reactions: arbitrage000