Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zeekr001 to use Quilin batteries and offer 1000 km range!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While it looks like they are making good progress, let's not forgot that the ratings used in China are different than what we are used to with the estimated EPA range. The Model Y here is 330mi/531km. The Model Y there is 410mi/660km. So that cuts the range of the ZEEKER 001 down to 499mi/804km in EPA terms. (Though it should also have faster charge times and more charge cycles.)

While it looks like they are making good progress, let's not forgot that the ratings used in China are different than what we are used to with the estimated EPA range. The Model Y here is 330mi/531km. The Model Y there is 410mi/660km. So that cuts the range of the ZEEKER 001 down to 499mi/804km in EPA terms. (Though it should also have faster charge times and more charge cycles.)

Yes, I am aware of the different ratings. But an EPA rating of 499 mi is still really good IMO.

Does it have a lot of heavy batteries or is there something special about the batteries?

Here is a short video aout the Qilin battery. It delivers 255 Wh/kg battery density and delivers 80% charge in 10 mn. I think the fast charging is a big advantage.

Nice.
What size is the battery ?

According to Car & Driver, the Zeekr009 will have 2 battery size versions: 116 kWh and 140 kWh.

Two versions of the electric minivan are available. One packs a 116.0-kWh battery that provides 436 miles of range, and upgrading to a massive 140.0-kWh battery nets 511 miles of range on China's test cycle, which typically produces more optimistic results than the test run by the EPA. Zeekr claims the 116.0-kWh battery can recharge from 10 to 80 percent in 28 minutes. The 009 also shares the dual-motor powertrain found in the 001, giving the all-wheel-drive minivan 536 horsepower and 505 pound-feet of torque. That's enough shove to scoot this brick to 62 mph in 4.5 seconds.

I just shared the tweet so we could discuss it. But I won't lie. I like the sound of 800 km range.
I know. “You’re JUST sharing info”. :)
Usually heavily weighted towards the type of info that uplifts competition.
Nothing wrong with trying to uplift the competition on a Tesla forum I guess.

Just wish you guys would have the hangers to call it like it is, instead of trying to make it look like that’s not what you’re doing. Lol.

I know. “You’re JUST sharing info”. :)
Usually heavily weighted towards the type of info that uplifts competition.
Nothing wrong with trying to uplift the competition on a Tesla forum I guess.

Just wish you guys would have the hangers to call it like it is, instead of trying to make it look like that’s not what you’re doing. Lol.

Yes, I really am just sharing info, nothing more. I like to be aware of what the competition is doing. I don't think it makes sense to be completely ignorant of what the competition is doing. But I am not trying to uplift the competition.

Yes, I really am just sharing info, nothing more. I like to be aware of what the competition is doing. I don't think it makes sense to be completely ignorant of what the competition is doing. But I am not trying to uplift the competition.
You’re still not manning up to your true intentions my friend. And you’re still hiding behind the same false justifications in the process.
Seriously, why not just own it, instead of thinking your rationale is in any way being bought here. :)

Reactions: ICUDoc
You’re still not manning up to your true intentions my friend. And you’re still hiding behind the same false justifications in the process.
Seriously, why not just own it, instead of thinking your rationale is in any way being bought here. :)

I think I know what my true intentions are. And I am telling you that my true intentions are just to share information. I am not lying. I am not hiding anything. Why would I "own it" when it is not true? It is silly for you to try to tell me that my intentions are somehow different than what they really are.