Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.3.f3425a1 is out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to realize I don't like that I know that these software updates are pending. It's like looking out front watching for the delivery guy for an anticipated package. I just keep refreshing my Unifi dashboard.

Also, why is my car downloading Netflix? Flaw in DPI?
Yeah it’s most likely considering SSL to certain CDN addresses to be Netflix.

Also, why is my car downloading Netflix?
Yeah right
24cd15f0faa28a2da7f9a03f345f7905b84a8f81.jpg

That's what I figured. Though, this could be where the firmware updates are.
Right, exactly. High accuracy DPI is really expensive to curate and Ubiquiti already does a great job even relative to some subscription services.

As an aside, this is one of the reasons I am opposed to DPI based policy enforcement or traffic shaping. It tends to be error prone

Reactions: brkaus and Xtek
Okay, I took a spray bottle of Windex and tried it out. Sprayed and nothing happened o_O. Turned the auto wipers (beta) "On" in settings (duh) sprayed... And nothing happened :confused:. Got in the car... Now they worked :D. Sorry... Couldn't do a video.
haha, this is actually GREAT news (you had to be inside the car). Why? It harkens back to Christmas 2012 when I first received my Signature S85. Was dressed nicely for a party and with a very wet windshield (and the wipers left on from exiting), as soon as the door was opened I was rewarded with a huge SPLASH of cold water as the wipers activated immediately while I was getting in.

So be happy! And stay dry....

a) This feature would be a nightmare if it did not require you to be in the car. I often have my car "on" (radio) while washing it.. I don't need the wipers activating!

b) Don't really get all the hullabaloo, this is a very minor feature that my cheap ICE cars have. I know folks have wanted it, but frankly, I am expecting much more from Tesla with regards to meaningful upgrades.

c) Lastly, I definitely noticed the AP digression with the HoHoHo release, I do hope they go back, the previous version was rock solid for me.

Now that long wait for "my turn" with this upgrade.

b) Don't really get all the hullabaloo, this is a very minor feature that my cheap ICE cars have. I know folks have wanted it, but frankly, I am expecting much more from Tesla with regards to meaningful upgrades.

For what it's worth, there are two things I've been annoyed that I will lose when I eventually get my car, auto wipers and air conditioned seats. Granted, I use the air conditioned seats wayyyyyy more than I use the wipers out here in Droughtifornia, but at least now I know I won't have to manually turn on the wipers like some sort of savage after all ;)

I recently had an AP1 loaner and I wound up turning auto wipers off the logic was so bad. If this is mimicking AP1 I'll probably just leave it off.
I had an AP1 70D and frankly I hated the auto wipers. It never wiped at an appropriate interval, either failing to detect mist or overwiping and chattering....

It was nice at times but at least half the time I would’ve rather had manual intervals.

Tesla bought back @verygreen's car.

Then released new NNs and features day or so later, first time in months.

Just saying.

Edit: Just noticed @J1mbo made this point already - credit there where it is due.

Actually, we don't know if it's a "new" nn network yet or just the old one being utilized, we won't know for sure until I get my hands on this release...

There was a NN for rain sensing in .50 but it wasn't leveraged yet, for all we know they just started using that network in the car.

Actually, we don't know if it's a "new" nn network yet or just the old one being utilized, we won't know for sure until I get my hands on this release...

There was a NN for rain sensing in .50 but it wasn't leveraged yet, for all we know they just started using that network in the car.

Of course, very true and all catalogued in my rumor thread's links :) There are several NN links on the rain-sensing there...

Rumor summary: Blind-spot cameras, Rain sensing, Level 3, Big battery, Interior/HUD