Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very positive. Very very positive.

What does 2136 spell upside down? I literally just walked around my table to look down on my screen, but couldn't figure it out.

I did look like an idiot though...

It's a word, Jim, but not as we know it...

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 21.36.26.png

I have to imagine its hard for someone like Elon, so dedicated to making the world a better place, to see so many people railing against his success, particularly those doing so in an effort to prop up dying industries that actively harm the world. I think if I were in his shoes, I'd find that really disheartening.

On average, dogs are way better than human. Not a joke.

• Love
Reactions: Lessmog
I am, along with air suspension, and have urged my son to do so too with our other reservation.
Yeah, not enough scratch to buy 2x Model 3 vehicles with Autopilot without going for RWD, sadly, and standard range at that. In fact, I may continue to limp along with my Leaf plus 1 Model 3 if I can.

The Leaf is like that tease GF in high school that gave you just enough to string you along but wouldn’t ever give up the goods (Full vehicle replacement.) You still have to keep that backup ICE vehicle. Tesla is the only one that delivers to “go all the way” with the EV tech and not look back.

Long term hope is that ridesharing platform will allow me to share the first Model 3 and then get a fully loaded Model 3 as the second one. Otherwise I will have to wait for TSLA $1,000.

I keep seeing this sentiment, but really: Tesla/SpaceX have ~39,000 employees, and any of them who've ordered the configurations currently available will get them before the general public. Do we really believe T/S employees have only ordered ~1000 of these cars?
Many cannot afford them, others will want the low end model with the smaller batter, others will want the mack daddy AWD.

We are on pg 1134. is that a sign?

We are through production Hell! Buy!

For the few of you who speak German here is a video from VW CEO Mueller protesting in a panel discussion in a very arrogant way that VW cannot be compared with Tesla because of produced units, earning, hire & fire attitude, promising and not delivering and others.... he did not really talk about cars though.

Funny to hear that a person that should know his industry in depth seems to know not a lot about Tesla or is at least in public pretending not to.

I love to hear this simply because it gives me a very good feeling that the competition is far away from even understanding the challenge...

Video: VW-Chef Matthias Müller spricht Klartext über Tesla

No one did that.
You forced me to go back and find out exactly what posts left the impression in my mind while quickly scanning through the thread. You're right, your original post (I didn't remember who said it) wasn't an equate thing, specifically. My wonderful memory also remembered thinking there were more posts than there actually were.

A non-issue. Peace.
Wouldn't it be nice if he was alluding to the number of Model 3's produced?

Elon Musk on Twitter

"Now at 6400 hats …"

what makes you think he's not?

• Helpful
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
For the few of you who speak German here is a video from VW CEO Mueller protesting in a panel discussion in a very arrogant way that VW cannot be compared with Tesla because of produced units, earning, hire & fire attitude, promising and not delivering and others.... he did not really talk about cars though.

Funny to hear that a person that should know his industry in depth seems to know not a lot about Tesla or is at least in public pretending not to.

I love to hear this simply because it gives me a very good feeling that the competition is far away from even understanding the challenge...

Video: VW-Chef Matthias Müller spricht Klartext über Tesla

I recently met the founder and long-time CEO of a Fortune 100 company (coincidentally). We chatted for a couple of minutes about Tesla, and he told me that Tesla has some problems. I said, "hmm, what problems?" He said, "they have to spend a lot of cap-ex."

I wanted to look at him and say, "duh!" but I didn't of course... I said, "Ah gotcha. Well, I don't want to hold you up."

Most people are very focused on themselves and their immediate surroundings, until reality hits them.

Not representative but I thought worth sharing:

I went into the Tesla Store in Munich city centre today. Since a while they have no MS show car any more just MX and confirmed they are all sold out but expect new delivery. So, no test drive possible....

Same tendency with the German inventory which has been fallen by about 1/3 versus Q3 because they are all sold.

Again nothing that is representative but an interesting data point. Looks like sales in Q4 in Germany has started strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.