Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.24.6 is actually great!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been a vocal critic of recent software updates and the UI in general with so many errors, awkward design choices etc BUT I have to give props to the latest…

The two simple things I’ve noticed with the turn signal moving to the top and the latest direction properly fitting above it is just a very nice update. This is the way it’s supposed to look!

And maybe I’m just beaten down and cynical, but it shows me Tesla is listening, they have designers who can make improvements and they’re doing something about what has been an inferior experience.

So cheers to that!

(Now if they could just give me CarPlay and overhaul the USB UI - I would be a happy camper and stop considering an i4 or Id.4 or EQS or Taycan etc!!!)

(Full disclosure - nothing may get me to stop lusting after the Taycan CT tbh!!)

Good job Tesla

(Now if they could just give me CarPlay and overhaul the USB UI - I would be a happy camper and stop considering an i4 or Id.4 or EQS or Taycan etc!!!)

(Full disclosure - nothing may get me to stop lusting after the Taycan CT tbh!!)

Good job Tesla
Not sure if you saw my experience with adding CarPlay in to my car via hansshow 9” console (android auto, Apple CarPlay & gauge cluster) but I really like it. It’ll be even better once I switch to yoke steering wheel.

Haven’t seen it, no. Can you share?

Was thinking about it
Here are the links to my hansshow console display (CarPlay, anderoid auto, gauge cluster) setup tips & what I think of the equipment. I bought it myself and was not asked by the company to post my thoughts. It isn’t perfect but works well enough for me. Others in the same thread migrated to the raspberry pi method of getting CarPlay and anderoid auto in the tesla center screen and post their opinion there too.
Two different links although this system prints the same sneak peek text. Odd bug I guess.

FINALLY the blind spot screen is positioned so it's useful.
Indeed a useful feature. My daughter felt we should have the ability to drop blind spot viewer wherever we want but as a software engineer who also makes user interfaces (I ❤️ Qt Toolkit) , I know they might have reasons why predefinedcareas are needed. Perhaps they will add a few more if they can’t support arbitrary positions. I like that the video stream to viewer continues as you drag it around, not need but cool.

Reactions: sfRonH
Now we just need the AC controls to allow the reverse camera to stay up in the background. Why the AC controls kill it makes no sense to me and is very frustrating. The two things I do right away is back out and realize the car is hot or blowing too much and need to adjust it. Causes me to lose my backup camera every time.

As a note the "Drivers" menu (car in lower left corner" does not kill the back up camera.

Now we just need the AC controls to allow the reverse camera to stay up in the background. Why the AC controls kill it makes no sense to me and is very frustrating. The two things I do right away is back out and realize the car is hot or blowing too much and need to adjust it. Causes me to lose my backup camera every time.

As a note the "Drivers" menu (car in lower left corner" does not kill the back up camera.
I'd also like the option of having BOTH vents blow air without me having to turn on the pass. side, every time I get in the car - When I'm alone in the car.

Give us the option to just have both vents on, all of the time, until I decide to turn the passenger side off.

I’ve been a vocal critic of recent software updates and the UI in general with so many errors, awkward design choices etc BUT I have to give props to the latest…

The two simple things I’ve noticed with the turn signal moving to the top and the latest direction properly fitting above it is just a very nice update. This is the way it’s supposed to look!

And maybe I’m just beaten down and cynical, but it shows me Tesla is listening, they have designers who can make improvements and they’re doing something about what has been an inferior experience.

So cheers to that!

Good job Tesla
Yes, well done Tesla. Finally v11 seems ready for wide release.

In September. 10 months later.

To everyone defending all the issues with "hey, they're just bugs, they'll get fixed be patient are you not enjoying watching the dev live in person?" I would say no. I did not enjoy that.

I had to spend hours watching these forums to make judgements about risk/reward of each incremental update. I watched phantom braking get better, worse, and better again.

I just want to drive the car, and I want it to be reasonably consistent every time I get in. I do not want to be a quality engineering technician. That's what this feels like.

Even today, as great as the .24 releases have been, there's a new issue that cropped up in 24.8 that may be something, or may be nothing (whistling noise in rear end when parked). I have to wait a while to see if this blows up or blows over before I let 24.8 install.

I have other stuff to do.

I would have been fine if I could have opted out of v11 until this week. No complaints at all.

But yeah, thanks Tesla for finally doing what you should have done 10 months ago.

Yes, well done Tesla. Finally v11 seems ready for wide release.

In September. 10 months later.

To everyone defending all the issues with "hey, they're just bugs, they'll get fixed be patient are you not enjoying watching the dev live in person?" I would say no. I did not enjoy that.

I had to spend hours watching these forums to make judgements about risk/reward of each incremental update. I watched phantom braking get better, worse, and better again.

I just want to drive the car, and I want it to be reasonably consistent every time I get in. I do not want to be a quality engineering technician. That's what this feels like.

Even today, as great as the .24 releases have been, there's a new issue that cropped up in 24.8 that may be something, or may be nothing (whistling noise in rear end when parked). I have to wait a while to see if this blows up or blows over before I let 24.8 install.

I have other stuff to do.

I would have been fine if I could have opted out of v11 until this week. No complaints at all.

But yeah, thanks Tesla for finally doing what you should have done 10 months ago.
That's what being a beta tester is all about. Tesla's betas are pretty mature compared to some. Not sure what your expectations were when you opted in.

I'd also like the option of having BOTH vents blow air without me having to turn on the pass. side, every time I get in the car - When I'm alone in the car.

Give us the option to just have both vents on, all of the time, until I decide to turn the passenger side off.

This solves that problem! 🤣

Reactions: Hamrhead
That's what being a beta tester is all about. Tesla's betas are pretty mature compared to some. Not sure what your expectations were when you opted in.
I did not opt in. I was forced in (in early March) against my will. Car needed unrelated service, and the threats of losing connectivity (-actually did lose some functionality, could no longer wake the car with the app on the cellular network).

Great PR and customer service.

want to see ability to turn off passenger vent with passenger in seat :p
on a heat and air note: control of the seat warmers is annoying! I rarely want mine on, so I turn off "auto" (which, by the way, has the opposite color scheme of the adjacent tabs to view "front" or "back", making it impossible to know at a glance which color is Auto on vs off), but if I then turn off Auto on the main A/C controls, then turn it back on, it turns on Auto on the seat warmers. At least I finally figured it out, but come on!

Reactions: theslimshadyist
Or...save the $10 bucks, reach over and attach the passenger seat belt. No big deal. ;)

I agree, thought it was like the airbag, detecting weight.
100k for a car and can't control the vents......it's a keystroke on teslas end to add the feature to the software. All these little "bugs" keeping people distracted from the fact FSD is still and never will be a real feature that people have paid thousands of dollars for over the years. Diversion technique lol