Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes when our P100D is cold it is slow to start. I just pump it a few times then it starts right up. I’m going to check the pedal for cracking. Just Kidding :D I wouldn’t be surprised if this has happened more in P cars because the accelerator arm is likely the same one used in non P cars. Some drivers may be more forceful fully stepping on the accelerator pedal fully when engaging the Launch mode.

I broke the accelerator pedal on my Caddy too. One day there was frozen water on the floor and the accelerator pedal was frozen stuck. Hit it hard with my foot and it broke. Turned out it was mounted to the floor with some plastic.

Remember it well because it took VW 2 weeks to get a new pedal. In the meantime I was driving around pressing the sensor directly with my foot, kinda learned to drive it that way too.

Turns out plastic accelerator is normal. It works OK as long as you drive the car like you should. Car doesn't go faster by abusing the pedal.