Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ADDING Chrome - is there a kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see chrome delete kits at a lot of vendors.
Is there a chrome ADD kit anywhere.

I have a new Black tesla (something) in my future. Black needs chrome, IMHO.

Interesting timing for this post @StanMI, as I was planning on tackling this exact job this weekend.

My wife has a 2019 Raven Performance Model X and we just got a Plaid to replace the Raven yesterday. We both just CAN'T stand the new look of the chrome delete look, specially on darker color Teslas, so I wanted to take advantage of the fact that we still have both X's in order to keep the chrome bits on our Plaid and the buyer of the Raven will probably love the OEM factory chrome delete 🤷‍♂️.

From what I can tell from the Service Manual for both X's, it's a pretty simple swap between both vehicles, EXCEPT for the base of the side mirrors, which require a full mirror assembly swap via a door panel removal, and the small 3/4 back windows (the ones that get broken in order to lower the back seats on 3's and S' to access the trunk), since the trim pieces are attached to the glass and they seem to be a single piece on the Part's Catalog).

Door handle buttons, lower and upper window trims and front and rear appliques, look very straightforward.

Last edited:
When talking to my wrap guy he said metallic vinyl scratches very easily and isn't as durable. Worth checking if the same applies to a chrome finish that you're after, if it's something you care about.
I ended up colour shift wrapping my trim and am very happy with the look, although the wrap isn't perfect (mirrors mainly) it isn't noticeable.

• Informative
Reactions: towndrunk