Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“There is a disappointing demand for luxury sedans”.

Yes, Peter. There is.

And the Gravity certainly is impressive. But I’m just concerned they have enough cash to bring it to production.

And the steering wheel is a squoval, not a squircle.

I think that there will be disappointing demand even for an SUV if the price is in the US $80,000 plus range. The Gravity pricing will "start" at that number (but good luck getting one for that amount) and go up quickly from there. There is only so many people who can afford a vehicle at that price, and the 'luxury' EV market is already pretty saturated.

Lucid will have to introduce new models in the middle range of the market to start selling in volume. Lucid has, or at least did have, ambitions to do that, but I assume that it will be years, if ever, before those plans are realized.

I think that there will be disappointing demand even for an SUV if the price is in the US $80,000 plus range. The Gravity pricing will "start" at that number (but good luck getting one for that amount) and go up quickly from there. There is only so many people who can afford a vehicle at that price, and the 'luxury' EV market is already pretty saturated.

Lucid will have to introduce new models in the middle range of the market to start selling in volume. Lucid has, or at least did have, ambitions to do that, but I assume that it will be years, if ever, before those plans are realized.

No one seriously expects Gravity to outsell Model X.

If it sells more than half of Model X numbers that is a success. I think it will. Outside of China and maybe Norway, most folks will prefer normal doors to Falcon Wing Doors.

It took years to ramp up Model 3 after Model S was introduced. It takes time to build up a new car company.

• Informative
Reactions: EVCollies
New video of 3 drag runs of the Lucid Air Sapphire vs. Tesla Model S Plaid:

The Plaid won all three races even swapping lanes to try to make it fair, so the Sapphire really isn't living up to the specs. (Track conditions weren't ideal, but that was true for both vehicles.)

Note: They have removed 170lbs. from the Paid, but mentioned that even before they removed that weight they still ran better times than the Sapphire did in the three runs.

• Informative
Reactions: EVMeister
New video of 3 drag runs of the Lucid Air Sapphire vs. Tesla Model S Plaid:

The Plaid won all three races even swapping lanes to try to make it fair, so the Sapphire really isn't living up to the specs. (Track conditions weren't ideal, but that was true for both vehicles.)

Note: They have removed 170lbs. from the Paid, but mentioned that even before they removed that weight they still ran better times than the Sapphire did in the three runs.
I wonder if a Cybertruck can beat a Lucid ....while towing another Lucid 🤷‍♂️?

No kidding. It’s like he was trying to hit his minimum word count and had to keep on elaborating and inserting information that no one would want to hear but the car was nice until he drove it and then he wrecked it, but not only was it wrecked, it was ruined, as in every panel was broken, except maybe a clip, or a screw, but a lot of things were bent, but not just bent, but smashed… :rolleyes:

2023 (edited previously said Q4 )
8428 produced
6001 delivered

Q4 Deliveries
1734 delivered
Down 12% vs Q4 22
Up 19% vs Q3 23

Last edited:
Q4 2024
8428 produced
6001 delivered

Do you mean for all of 2023? Actual Q4 numbers are much lower:

Lucid produced 2,391 vehicles during Q4 and delivered 1,734 vehicles during the same period.

Inventory above 5,300, but days of supply dropped down to ~230.

1704999853768.png

Last edited:
Legacy OEMs consider 60 days inventory ideal.

But Lucid is expanding into Europe and Arab Gulf States.
I have to say that excuse is getting a little old... You have been saying that for almost a year now:

They cranked up output in December to meet their production goal.

And didn't have time to deliver by 12/31/22.

A lot of those cars were on boats to Europe and the Middle East.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I have to say that excuse is getting a little old... You have been saying that for almost a year now:

Yes, they have not executed on international expansion very well.

It has been almost a year since they announced first store in Germany.

Lucid is the first pure BEV startup that has failed to meet their own deadlines.

"Lucid insiders say end is near" 6 months ago.

The end isn’t “near” but if you divide the money left by the amount consumed on average over the last 4 quarters, you can calculate it, and it’s not decades off. It’s more like 4-6 quarters off.

I have been so terribly disappointed by Lucid. Hearing Rawlinson talk about they are the “best“ in everything again for 10 minutes on the call is going to be tortuous.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
The end isn’t “near” but if you divide the money left by the amount consumed on average over the last 4 quarters, you can calculate it, and it’s not decades off. It’s more like 4-6 quarters off.

I have been so terribly disappointed by Lucid. Hearing Rawlinson talk about they are the “best“ in everything again for 10 minutes on the call is going to be tortuous.
Rawlinson has been the problem since day one....he is the literal embodiment of the perfect being the enemy of the good

• Love
Reactions: Cobos