Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arcadia vs PG&E Solar Choice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in a townhouse so do not have the option of doing solar myself, so I'm looking into community solar type program. I've been reading about Arcadia, which works with your utility to make sure you use green energy (mostly wind). Their premium plan charges $0.015/kwh, which in my case works out to be ~$6/mo. From what I've read, Arcadia is legit. I'm currently signed up for PG&E's Solar Choice which is ~$10/mo designed to promote PG&E building solar energy source. But I really haven't seen too much details on how legit PG&E's program is. Does anyone know more about the pro/con of Arcadia vs PG&E?

I live in a townhouse so do not have the option of doing solar myself, so I'm looking into community solar type program. I've been reading about Arcadia, which works with your utility to make sure you use green energy (mostly wind). Their premium plan charges $0.015/kwh, which in my case works out to be ~$6/mo. From what I've read, Arcadia is legit. I'm currently signed up for PG&E's Solar Choice which is ~$10/mo designed to promote PG&E building solar energy source. But I really haven't seen too much details on how legit PG&E's program is. Does anyone know more about the pro/con of Arcadia vs PG&E?

I don't have any information on this, but would also be interested to find out the answers!

My father was on Arcadia. He recently canceled so that he would be put on the Silicon Valley Clean Energy CCA. We speculated that having Arcadia would prevent him from automatically transitioning to the CCA.

San Jose is not participating in SVCE with most of the rest of the County. They are exploring their own CCA. I don't see the logic in them going on their own. Either join the existing one or forget about CCA altogether. Of course, the other approach is Municpal Utility like Santa Clara and Palo Alto, but then you have to administer all the metering and billing. It's probably not practical for San Jose to do that at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: Waiting4M3