Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla really lay off their entire Supercharger staff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They did their job in getting it consented. It's not their fault utilities can't keep up. Exposing the big lie is the dismissible boo boo.

You can't just magic up an extra 1000kW in the corner of a mall carpark.
Maybe. But it’s a fail to build a multi million dollar charge facility without getting a commitment from the utility. There are three superchargers within 500 kilometers of us just getting grown over by weeds. Total fail. I would think someone would need to be fired for that. Maybe lots of people….apparently.

To be fair, some of the utilities are dog slow (literally taking months) in setting up installs, so most projects don't wait for them and they are the last ones to go in. They may not even put you on the schedule until you have green tag from the local building department, so there is basically no way for you to time it to avoid having the fully installed equipment sitting potentially for months waiting for the utility to do their part.

Tesla’s Head of Human Resources Exits as Staff Upheaval Spreads​

Damn that sucks for these university students. Some have now lost out on other opportunities that they turned down to work for Tesla.

Reactions: Bouba
Are you effing kidding me?! You can't make this stuff up folks...

You claim you almost boight one and yet even YOU somehow forgot the very car you "almost bought" was ever available? Blinded by your hatred of Elon much? You chose to post something that was factually incorrect as fact that you later even claim that you KNEW first hand about? Man, that vendetta you're carrying around must be burdensome.

So, to summarize, in one post you claim he never made available the $35k car (as if that has ANY relevance in this conversation in the first place other than to seemingly drive your personal agenda about Elon) and then, in your very next post, you agree you were wrong (even though you conveniently side-stepped this udpate when I presented undeniable proof of it's existence) when someone else offers up push-back and then -and this is my favorite part- one post later you even claim you almost bought one.

This is what's wrong with these conversations. People are so blind to the facts (or lack thereof in this case) that they just spew false narratives presented as fact to fuel their own personal agenda. Other people in the same camp read that same BS that affirms their stance and take it as fact and then parrot it elsewhere to further the cause. Nobody bothers to apply any common sense to any of it first.

People want so desperately to be "heard" that they don't even care if what they know they're saying to be true or not.
I never said I almost bought one, I said I forgot that your could buy one in a limited window, off menu. Please show me where I said "I almost bought one". You are quoting another poster.

I have never stated I "hated" Elon, you have assumed that. I am angry at Elon for betraying the mission, and damaging the brand and the mission with his actions and words.

My personal agenda is the fact that I own two Model 3s, which are decent enough cars, but they are NOT what Musk has repeatedly promised they would be, and never will be. My personal agenda is the mission Musk espoused over ten years ago, before he fell victim to his own echo chamber, and has fallen down a conspiracy-laden rabbit hole. His pushing of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, his amplifying of racist bigots on a media platform he was so obsessed with that he bought for about three-four times what it was worth , and his courting of politicians who are destroying the mission of EV/green energy transition is, to put it mildly, not rational behavior at all. He has now become the enemy of what he espoused.

Pushing back in defense of Musk's original views against the views on today's Musk is my agenda.

I never said I almost bought one, I said I forgot that your could buy one in a limited window, off menu. Please show me where I said "I almost bought one". You are quoting another poster.

I have never stated I "hated" Elon, you have assumed that. I am angry at Elon for betraying the mission, and damaging the brand and the mission with his actions and words.

My personal agenda is the fact that I own two Model 3s, which are decent enough cars, but they are NOT what Musk has repeatedly promised they would be, and never will be. My personal agenda is the mission Musk espoused over ten years ago, before he fell victim to his own echo chamber, and has fallen down a conspiracy-laden rabbit hole. His pushing of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, his amplifying of racist bigots on a media platform he was so obsessed with that he bought for about three-four times what it was worth , and his courting of politicians who are destroying the mission of EV/green energy transition is, to put it mildly, not rational behavior at all. He has now become the enemy of what he espoused.

Pushing back in defense of Musk's original views against the views on today's Musk is my agenda.

Surely you're not trying to play(?) dumb now as a means of trying to weasel out of this one. It's literally your own words and your own posts.

Yesterday, this person said about the $35k Model 3 in response to your claims that it was never available:

I almost bought one, but opted to pay a bit more for the extra range and AP.
To which, you replied:
Me too. That is how long I have been waiting on Musk to keep his promise about FSD, that would be solved "by the end of the year/next year".
The only logical conclusion anyone reading this series of posts would conclude is that you said "me too" to the person you quoted saying they almost bought a $35k Model 3. Unless they have the exact same profile as you, I'm not quoting another user.

You lost me when you started attacking him personally for being antisemitic and a bigoted racist. That hearsay nonsense has no place in a logical intelligent conversation about a car manufacturer & layoffs. You can take your politically charged personal smear campaign agenda elsewhere.

You lost me when you started attacking him personally for being antisemitic and a bigoted racist. That hearsay nonsense has no place in a logical intelligent conversation about a car manufacturer & layoffs. You can take your politically charged personal smear campaign agenda elsewhere.
The white knight rides again… apparently @KelvinMace ’s direct words and intentions are up for debate and dissection but those of the CEO of the company being discussed are off limits.

A mountain of tweets amplifying unhinged racist theories and antisemitic tropes are now “hearsay”… 😂

You remember just a few years ago when Elon said cars with FSD would make people rich adding them to Teslas’s robotaxi fleet within 12 months? Funny stuff, huh? His latest robotaxi fetish will surely be as successful.😀

This guy is obviously very bright and knows how to make money but he can be the village idiot at times. Even the smartest people need to have trusted advisors to bounce ideas off. This guy doesn’t bother with them for long. They leave or he fires them. They are unnecessary expenses when he only listens to himself anyway. Think Twitter purchase, for example.

I have purchased three Teslas and still have two of them. I will never buy another one as long as he is the dictator of Tesla. I seriously think this guy is showing signs of serious mental illness and no one can stop his rash acts. The bizarre Twitter purchase was the huge red flag for me. I’m glad I seldom do road trips and have at home charging.The Supercharger network was genius, but it’s old news in the mind of Elon World.

Last edited:
The white knight rides again… apparently @KelvinMace ’s direct words and intentions are up for debate and dissection but those of the CEO of the company being discussed are off limits.

A mountain of tweets amplifying unhinged racist theories and antisemitic tropes are now “hearsay”… 😂
No, his words aren't up for debate. That's the whole point. It's what he said and is now claiming he didn't say that's in question. Thanks for making my point even if you didn't mean to.

White knight, huh? Your ad hominem attacks are tiring and unnecessary.

White knight, huh? Your ad hominem attacks are tiring and unnecessary.
I don’t think that term means what you think it does. Referring to you as a white knight is literally in reference to your argument and the position you are maintaining in constant defense of Musk.

“How stupid do you have to be to blindly defend Musk in spite of so much evidence to the contrary?” is an ad hominem attack, in case an example would be helpful.

Reactions: KelvinMace
I don’t think that term means what you think it does. Referring to you as a white knight is literally in reference to your argument and the position you are maintaining in constant defense of Musk.

“How stupid do you have to be to blindly defend Musk in spite of so much evidence to the contrary?” is an ad hominem attack, in case an example would be helpful.
I don't think that it means what you think it means. Let me help with that:

ad ho·mi·nem
/ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
"vicious ad hominem attacks"

You literally referred to me as a white knight w/o addressing the position you seem to think I'm taking. You're attacking me personally by using a pejorative term (white knight) to label & discredit me rather than addressing the position which (apparently) is that I'm "constantly defending Musk". Troll activity 101.

• Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd
That can work for science and engineering, because the "removed things" have no memory and can be reapplied as needed.

People should be handled with more care. He might be "emotionless" (in a good way?) about some problem-solving, but he definitely tips into something more like "inhumane" w/r/t people.
Fair point. Elon's impatience probably keeps him from treating humans more delicately. His impatience also pushes the world into new domains, which seems good. I'm not defending him--just calling out both sides of Elon's "genius" coin.

Reactions: Ostrichsak
You remember just a few years ago when Elon said cars with FSD would make people rich adding them to Teslas’s robotaxi fleet within 12 months? Funny stuff, huh? His latest robotaxi fetish will surely be as successful.😀

This guy is obviously very bright and knows how to make money but he can be the village idiot at times. Even the smartest people need to have trusted advisors to bounce ideas off. This guy doesn’t bother with them for long. They leave or he fires them. They are unnecessary expenses when he only listens to himself anyway. Think Twitter purchase, for example.

I have purchased three Teslas and still have two of them. I will never buy another one as long as he is the dictator of Tesla. I seriously think this guy is showing signs of serious mental illness and no one can stop his rash acts. The bizarre Twitter purchase was the huge red flag for me. I’m glad I seldom do road trips and have at home charging.The Supercharger network was genius, but it’s old news in the mind of Elon World.
You may think that Elon is flawed, but that is without knowing him, and mostly making up your judgement from articles attacking him and putting him in a bad light. Show me anyone in the World that has done more...better.
Elon follows his principals. Outsiders rarely know accurately, his reasons for doing what he does. Many want to take him down a notch, so publish hateful articles, to weaken him.

It appears that Musk wants to control every aspect of Tesla. From the PR Department to production. What is next firing the Legal Department.? Is the Board involved or is Musk doing all of this without the Board's Nod? Maybe there is a deal in the works to sell off the Supercharger Network and the company will use their own people to install and service Superchargers. There needs to be more transparency at Tesla.

It’s not a fail depending on the goals. If you have the resources and the mandate, getting a bit ahead of the utilities appears to be a valid thing to do, although not the most efficient.
I agree. It's a "win" as far as the Department of SC Expansion is concerned. Their mission is to expand, and getting a little ahead is admirable (within that department).

This makes me wonder......maybe SC expansion is easier now than it was 5 years ago. Maybe they have no issues any more finding eager and willing participants who will bend over backwards to bring SC to their location. If the SC Expansion team were simply scouting and talking and drumming up business, then it would make sense that they would no longer be needed if the demand has now far outpaced the ability to build SC's. Maybe the SC Building team is different than the Expansion team.

This is all conjecture. I have no data to back any of this up. Just reaching for plausible reasons.

This is a natural consequence of Elon's philosophy of eliminating things first to find out what is really required. When that philosophy is applied to people, then people respond, as they should. Materials and math and chemical processes do not respond when they are eliminated.

I think I’m done with Tesla. It was hard enough swallowing that my car brand is associated with a lunatic. Now this.

How do you ramp slower with zero staff?

I can see a drastic cut to keep the lights on? But 100%

So sad. Tesla was a shinning light for what can happen in America.

people thought the depreciation on our cars was bad before because of price drops. Watch what happens over the next few months.

I think I’m done with Tesla. It was hard enough swallowing that my car brand is associated with a lunatic. Now this.

How do you ramp slower with zero staff?

I can see a drastic cut to keep the lights on? But 100%

So sad. Tesla was a shinning light for what can happen in America.

people thought the depreciation on our cars was bad before because of price drops. Watch what happens over the next few months.
I would think there will be a new, albeit much smaller team in place in the next 4 weeks. The supercharger roll out will continue…at a reduced more cost controlled and efficient rate.

When anyone in our squadron got to feeling they were indispensable our sgt major use to tell us to stick our hand in a bucket of water, then pull it out real fast. The size of the whole left behind was indicative of our indispensability. Always a humbling experience. 😂