Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doing my plasti dip chrome delete tmrw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leave about an inch of exposed paint around everything you intend to spray. Cover EVERYTHING else. First coat, very light, after that, wet coats. Many coats. Toothpicks work great for getting excess out of small places.

Thank you kindly.

IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
Here is during wash

• Love
Reactions: McManX
That's what I saw on the dipyourcar video on that model s window trim. Did plasti dip many times before on other cars. I trust myself, I hope.
Thanks
Leave about an inch of exposed paint around everything you intend to spray. Cover EVERYTHING else. First coat, very light, after that, wet coats. Many coats. Toothpicks work great for getting excess out of small places.

Thank you kindly.

I chrome deleted mine myself. Was quoted $800 for them to do it or buy some vinyl and do it myself. I chose the latter $100 total cost and hours to put it on. I learned a lot and throughly enjoyed it knowing I did it myself and get to show it off too. Lots of compliments.

I thought you were going to wrap it? What made you choose to plasti dip?

Let's get some before photos after you wash it.
I thought you were going to wrap it? What made you choose to plasti dip?
Didn't want or need to spend $1-2k for a chrome delete and wheels when I can head to pep boys and spend $40 and black out my car in a day.

Reactions: McManX
I'd recommend wrapping as it's just easier to remove the hard to get to areas. I plastidipped my model s chrome areas in some spots the spray sprayed into areas that I couldn't get to. So ended up wrapping all the chrome and it looked beautiful. I am waiting for delivery on my X this week. The minute I drive out it's going straight to my wrap place for chrome delete and new rims. So I'd wrap! If you're in the Phoenix area I can get you a good price!

I'd recommend wrapping as it's just easier to remove the hard to get to areas. I plastidipped my model s chrome areas in some spots the spray sprayed into areas that I couldn't get to. So ended up wrapping all the chrome and it looked beautiful. I am waiting for delivery on my X this week. The minute I drive out it's going straight to my wrap place for chrome delete and new rims. So I'd wrap! If you're in the Phoenix area I can get you a good price!
Wheels are pretty easy to plasti dip. But 1-2k is a lot! My guy is like $400 for everything.