Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The level of self-centeredness...
Yes, Elon Musk created a special system for showing you all his tweets first

"Terrified of losing their jobs, this is the system that Twitter engineers are now building."
“He bought the company, made a point of showcasing what he believed was broken and manipulated under previous management, then turns around and manipulates the platform to force engagement on all users to hear only his voice,” said a current employee. “I think we’re past the point of believing that he actually wants what’s best for everyone here.”

"Terrified of losing their jobs, this is the system that Twitter engineers are now building."
“He bought the company, made a point of showcasing what he believed was broken and manipulated under previous management, then turns around and manipulates the platform to force engagement on all users to hear only his voice,” said a current employee. “I think we’re past the point of believing that he actually wants what’s best for everyone here.”
Every single one of these people needs to quit, effective immediately. Elon can't run a company with no employees. Forget about paying the rent, there won't even be anyone around to even lock the doors or train new employees. And there certainly won't be anyone around to bring Twitter back up the next time it goes down, so it will go down and stay down (and the entire world will be better off because of it).

I think that anyone left aren't the sorts that can just leave their job.

I have to say though. Part of me is sort of siding with Elon. He paid 44b for this company. If he wants to turn it into one giant ego stroking machine it's completely within his rights. He's signing the paychecks. Just give him what he wants. Hell, make it so that users have to read Elon's tweets before they can read whoever they're following. That should boost this impressions number he cares so much about.

Reactions: Daniel in SD
I know it’s joke (that’s I’ve heard many times) but I don’t think people would care about Elon Musk being the founder of Tesla if he were dead.

In my understanding he's not the founder but played integral part in making it work in the past and hopefully for the future. Hired CEOs have weak knees and they are easily swayed by the popular (or unpopular) opinnion. To make a difference in the world, you cannot be a follower, but a leader by example.

Every single one of these people needs to quit, effective immediately. Elon can't run a company with no employees. Forget about paying the rent, there won't even be anyone around to even lock the doors or train new employees. And there certainly won't be anyone around to bring Twitter back up the next time it goes down, so it will go down and stay down (and the entire world will be better off because of it).

Do Twitter employees post on blind? I'd agree that folks still there are mostly the ones still looking for other work which is a bit more challenged in this tech slowdown. Sorta sucks to have to work a ton when you can be canned instantly for talking (if all reports are true) or even not talking because the company simply is in a weakened state.

When you aren't paying rent, headcount tends to be the thing they cut further due to cost.

I have to say though. Part of me is sort of siding with Elon. He paid 44b for this company. If he wants to turn it into one giant ego stroking machine it's completely within his rights. He's signing the paychecks. Just give him what he wants. Hell, make it so that users have to read Elon's tweets before they can read whoever they're following. That should boost this impressions number he cares so much about.
Every employee should also have to engage with every one of his Tweets. Including those at Tesla, SpaceX etc.
“Stop 4680 line number four, need all of you to get on that latest 420 tweet..."
“Eight, seven, six... hold on, have to retweet the boss...OK, back now....five, four, three, two, one...."
And the various Optimus prototypes. And...Oh, wait... the screen on my Model Y just switched to Twitter... damned car is replying to an Elon Tweet!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JRP3 and DrGriz

That's fine if he wants to do that, but don't promote it to the world as if it's something else. And don't abuse your employees.

I've seen a lot of articles over the last few years about SMS being insufficiently secure for 2FA (I guess someone could snoop the cellular traffic or something? I didn't actually invest the time to read said articles, just saw the headlines)

So I'm not sure how big a deal losing SMS is, assuming the "authentication app" support includes the usual OTP style app support (i.e. Google/Microsoft/etc authenticator apps which all can work with the same style of 2FA token generation). I've seen more than a few sites/services drop SMS entirely in favor of these authenticator apps.

It would probably be better if they just said they were dropping SMS support entirely, but I guess they wanted to try and monetize it, which is kind of a dumb move if you can use the usual apps instead...

That being said, I generally like to have the option of SMS, whether or not it's "best". It can come in handy when you need to share an account, by way of SMS to a Google Voice number (and I don't mean sharing Netflix accounts but dumb corporate/enterprise IT services where you need to 2FA but can't have more than one OTP system linked, and are stuck with a single account for the whole team, SMS is a life saver when it's an option)

I've seen a lot of articles over the last few years about SMS being insufficiently secure for 2FA (I guess someone could snoop the cellular traffic or something? I didn't actually invest the time to read said articles, just saw the headlines)

So I'm not sure how big a deal losing SMS is, assuming the "authentication app" support includes the usual OTP style app support (i.e. Google/Microsoft/etc authenticator apps which all can work with the same style of 2FA token generation). I've seen more than a few sites/services drop SMS entirely in favor of these authenticator apps.

It would probably be better if they just said they were dropping SMS support entirely, but I guess they wanted to try and monetize it, which is kind of a dumb move if you can use the usual apps instead...

That being said, I generally like to have the option of SMS, whether or not it's "best". It can come in handy when you need to share an account, by way of SMS to a Google Voice number (and I don't mean sharing Netflix accounts but dumb corporate/enterprise IT services where you need to 2FA but can't have more than one OTP system linked, and are stuck with a single account for the whole team, SMS is a life saver when it's an option)
Yeah, honestly losing SMS isn't the end of the world from a security standpoint, Twitter is probably doing those users a favor.

That said, you can share OTP with people if you really want to, some of the methods I've used in the past:

1. Use a password manager with integrated OTP and password sharing features, like Bitwarden (most secure)
2. Take a screenshot or picture of the OTP setup code and share that with the person you want to share the OTP details with.

Status
Not open for further replies.