Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More info at NY Times source article.

What’s Gone at Twitter? A Data Center, Janitors, Some Toilet Paper.

Early on Christmas Eve, members of the billionaire’s staff flew to Sacramento — the site of one of Twitter’s three main computing storage facilities — to disconnect servers that had kept the social network running smoothly. Some employees were worried that losing those servers could cause problems, but saving money was the priority, according to two people who were familiar with the move but not authorized to talk about it.

Mr. Musk’s erratic and hands-on style has thrown off a number of workers, as he often interrupts meetings seemingly at random, talking for long stretches and asking some top leaders to be sounding boards for his ideas, two people familiar with his management of Twitter said.

But the training process for new employees has been significantly reduced, cutting to 90 minutes what was once three days of orientation that included information on compliance with privacy and security agreements with global regulators, three people said. In one case, a new hire contacted a former employee on LinkedIn to get an understanding of how services worked at the company, according to the former worker.

I don’t think this is 4-D chess.

Musk Fired Twitter’s Janitors—Leaving Offices a Smelly Mess: Report

On top of the lack of toiletries, workers have been left to contend with mounting trash, smelly common areas, unsupervised visitors, and less-than-fresh restrooms, the newspaper reported.

Pretty sad if true.

One of the best benefits of WFH which is not possible at Twitter now is being able to use your own toilet. I don't have a golden throne, but do run a bidet which is probably the best/most useful purchase we've probably ever made. Unlike many things, it's used multiple times a day, you have less economic waste (less toilet paper needed) and make you feel, oh so fresh. Add in the heated seat and you don't get that instant chill when you sit down on a cold winter day.

Pretty sad if true.

One of the best benefits of WFH which is not possible at Twitter now is being able to use your own toilet. I don't have a golden throne, but do run a bidet which is probably the best/most useful purchase we've probably ever made. Unlike many things, it's used multiple times a day, you have less economic waste (less toilet paper needed) and make you feel, oh so fresh. Add in the heated seat and you don't get that instant chill when you sit down on a cold winter day.
Put a bidet seat on our master bath toilet when TP was in short supply at beginning of pandemic. Maybe the best purchase of last few years.

Back on subject. Maybe Elon purchasing Twitter was worth it for what Greta Thunberg has done to Andrew Tate and the subsequent response by Tate that landed him in jail because authorities could figure out where he was.

Pretty sad if true.

Once you go bidet, you don't go back.

We've had a Bio Bidet BB2000 for several years now, would never go back to TP.

On top of the lack of toiletries, workers have been left to contend with mounting trash, smelly common areas, unsupervised visitors, and less-than-fresh restrooms, the newspaper reported.
So basically Elon wants "top hardcore coders" to work in unsanitary conditions 24/7, all the while he sh*t posts like a below average alt-right poster ?

Very attractive. Definitely Twitter will make it as one of the top 10 places engineers want to work at.

Twitter is looking more and more like a sweat-shop.

ps : BTW, Elon fired Janitors just days before Christmas. How evil do you have to be to do something like that to poor people ?

Last edited:

I remember a similar story about Tesla and it turned out to be bogus.

I have a hard time believing Elon would allow the place to become an unsanitary pit. I could believe he would get rid of janitors that were on payroll and replace them with contractors.

Reactions: philw1776
Small world.

1672428323809.png

In case you don't follow the news, Andrew Tate is a hate-speech vlogger who earned millions spewing every type of hate speech imaginable -- until he was finally banned from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.

Some people would call him a "Patriot".

Anyway, Elon made it a top priority to unban him of course. Until "the Matrix sent their agents."

Not seeing the problem here. Just one blue check responding to another blue check.
In case you don't follow the news, Andrew Tate is a hate-speech vlogger who earned millions spewing every type of hate speech imaginable -- until he was finally banned from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.

Personally doubt the story ... not about Thiel, but about Musk attending the party. Did he ever travel to Romania ?

1672430904459.png

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.