Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every CEO should just respond this way in order to alienate their user base.

Twitter goes down for many after upgrade, Elon Musk says 'works for me'
But seriously ....

I don't know whether he is genuinely tone deaf or just acting "strong" (apparently a positive in the la-la land).

If one of our users/customers complains that the app is not working - and I reply saying it works for me, I'll have an unpleasant 1:1 with my boss soon. Besides, doesn't Twitter monitor uptime of their own services ? Is it really that poorly operated ?

ps : I feel Musk has not completely assimilated the fact that he is now the owner of Twitter .... not just another user. So, he has to act like it .... not just sh*t post like he used to. Its a different role. For eg. if I was a moderator of this forum, I'd be posting quite differently.

Last edited:
Same way he keeps saying FSD works for him ... ;)

Not anymore. Starting next week he's going to have to rename it as "Futures in a System that might someday Do something"

1672432994844.png

Greta Thunberg (man, I like that young woman), and a freaking oil spill the day after I attended Ohanafest Encore rock festival, (Eddie Vedder's benefit concerts supporting clean coasts and water), 10/2/21, in Dana Point, along with the that fact that I am able to go solar here where I live and hopefully achieve near net zero with all house and my own transportation energy, and the fact that the Tesla charging network made it possible for me way out in the middle of Idaho, are why I ordered a Tesla in early November, '21, before Elon became a total *sugar* show, and was only somewhat cringey. My daughter is trans, and Elon makes it REALLY hard not just to sell my car.

But I have the car, it works well for me, and so I am trying to take the larger view of the company. Hoping the board and management can do something to turn things around at Tesla, and get things back on track. I am putting Elon pretty much on ignore as far as paying attention to him.

Were I to consider buying again, I have to say I might wait for a couple other cars to come along, and the non Tesla charging to catch up in a year or so.

Not going to sell as my daughter doesn't like Elon at all but understands why I have the car. But as she says, it is pretty hard currently to separate Tesla from him. Hoping that will somehow improve.

Last edited:
I remember a similar story about Tesla and it turned out to be bogus.

I have a hard time believing Elon would allow the place to become an unsanitary pit. I could believe he would get rid of janitors that were on payroll and replace them with contractors.
A similar thing happened at my work a few years ago. The boss made the decision to cut back on the cleaning staff and everyone was responsible for dumping their own waste bins. Definitely not an efficient use of employee time.

No need to delve into terminology. Andrew, for no apparent reason, randomly asked a captive to hand him some pizza boxes. He set them on the table and proudly exclaimed that he was not going to "recycle" them, before continuing his unhinged rant at her. He was arrested just a few hours later, leading to speculation that the pizza boxes helped detectives to locate him.

1672437942804.png

But the truth is that police have arrested him before and found captive rape victims in his custody but he was able to dodge charges, likely thanks to support from Fox News and other conservative propaganda machines who rushed to his defense. This time they have a much stronger case and many more victims, which is why Elon rushed to his defense with the Matrix tweet.

But hey, that's just the "mainstream media's" version of the story. Read the version Andrew posted on his own website prior to the arrest and decide for yourself if Musk's $44B effort to un-cancel him was worth it:

1672437817114.png

How to say you've learned nothing. I see no hint that the Musk/Twitter situation isn't just going to get worse and worse.

He talks about himself as if he were some genius we all must listen to. And no, what he said about Ukraine was NOT supportive. Ironically he's doing more for Russia and Russian propaganda than anyone else.

A similar thing happened at my work a few years ago. The boss made the decision to cut back on the cleaning staff and everyone was responsible for dumping their own waste bins. Definitely not an efficient use of employee time.
We had a client that incented employees to keep expenses low. Well they had a location that hadn't been in use for awhile and they decided to move all the software engineers over to that location. The employees and consultants were responsible for moving there own stuff including workstations etc. Well on the day of the move the employees and consultants. Well the company hadn't even had the location cleaned and was full of dusts and cobwebs. So bad that multiple employees and consultants had asthma attacks. No cleaning equipment was even made available. Also no toilet paper, handsoap or paper towels. I literally oked my employees to run out and get cleaning supplies and I ordered pizza for the whole team (employees as well as my consultants). Needless to say that began the exit from that client. Company was a high growth company which is now worth $5B.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Not going to sell as my daughter doesn't like Elon at all but understands why I have the car. But as she says, it is pretty hard currently to separate Tesla from him. Hoping that will somehow improve.
The way I look at it is there is certainly at least one giant a-hole at every large company on the planet and likely more than one but they aren't necessarily the face of the company. In every case you are buying a product that some number of a-holes had a hand in producing or delivering. If you looked into it you'd probably never buy any product again. I do avoid what I think are the worst of them when possible but sometimes you just have to suck it up when there are no better alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.