Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVmote App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It worked yesterday, but today it is not working.

Great app, not sure why not recording all trips....

Same here -- was working fine up until and including 11/1 (including two longer trips), but then no short trips yesterday. Not a big deal, just adding extra info. I'd guess perhaps the Tesla API is timing out?

Could it be Tesla throttling some users, based on usage? That would explain why some users are seeing all trips recorded while others are not. Edit: (If that's what you meant by "timing out", Hank, I apologize for repeating the same thing.)

Ok. I've added some additional logging around the problem area. Now, we have to wait until it happens again.

I think this is due to the way I handle reconnecting to Tesla servers after an error. Both times this happened was late at night and I saw a bunch of connections reset on the stream API. It never fully recovered after that until I reboot the server.

Thanks for the patience. Next time it happens, I'll have a better idea why.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi all,
I'm cleaning a couple of things up and making some small changes. One thing I added was trip distance to the map list page so ya'll have a better idea of what trip lengths are without clicking in.

I'm also working on 24 hour time, but that's hard to test locally. Can someone from across the pond check if the map page shows 24 hour timestamps on the trips?

Thanks!!!
Ryan

Hi all,
I'm cleaning a couple of things up and making some small changes. One thing I added was trip distance to the map list page so ya'll have a better idea of what trip lengths are without clicking in.

I'm also working on 24 hour time, but that's hard to test locally. Can someone from across the pond check if the map page shows 24 hour timestamps on the trips?

Thanks!!!
Ryan

Nevermind. I think the problem is that on my dev machine (Mac with Chrome) the timestamps *always* show up as 12 hour with am/pm. In Safari and Chrome Android they show up correctly based on the machine settings.
Sorry, international Mac Chrome users :(

Ryan

Thanks for all the hard work. Your site keeps getting better and better!

I wonder if it might be possible to have an optional additional email address for the charging reminder and any future notifications. I would love to use an email that sends me a text message instead of email. Would help for those days where I do not check my email at night but still want to be reminded.

Again many thanks!

Thanks for all the hard work. Your site keeps getting better and better!

I wonder if it might be possible to have an optional additional email address for the charging reminder and any future notifications. I would love to use an email that sends me a text message instead of email. Would help for those days where I do not check my email at night but still want to be reminded.

Again many thanks!

Absolutely. What I'm actually going to do is make the "charging reminder" an IFTT trigger so you can make it do whatever you want :)

Thanks,
Ryan

I'm debugging a problem right now and you caught me in the middle of it :)
You won't see it anymore after about 10 minutes.

I do the same thing!! :)

test-in-production.png

Hi all,
The lack of features recently is due to the fact that I'm doing a lot of stability work right now: Setting up more robust logging, setting up repeatable deployments, continuous integration, database backups, and all that other stuff that a production site needs.
Tonight, I'll be migrating the stack from Google's cloud platform over to AWS. Please expect that the site will go up and down over the next few hours as I work on it. Tomorrow morning, everything should be back to normal :)

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi all,
The lack of features recently is due to the fact that I'm doing a lot of stability work right now: Setting up more robust logging, setting up repeatable deployments, continuous integration, database backups, and all that other stuff that a production site needs.
Tonight, I'll be migrating the stack from Google's cloud platform over to AWS. Please expect that the site will go up and down over the next few hours as I work on it. Tomorrow morning, everything should be back to normal :)

Thanks,
Ryan
Curious, what is it you like about AWS vs Google?