Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy Flight #2 - Arabsat 6A - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huge win for SpaceX. A hat trick for the landing. The payload will be on station and operating in only three weeks and have three to four years extra life. That is big. Now every satellite builder and operator will be considering an upgrade to Falcon Heavy over some other launch provider. They just have to run the numbers and decide to spend more up front to gain more money long term.

• Informative
Reactions: sillydriver
Wow! Perfect mission in every aspect. Wish we had live video of the center core landing, but I was very happy to see it vertical on OCISLY! It was super cool to see live video from all three boosters as they descended.
Indeed! I was watching big screen in a room full of nerds cheering from max-Q on.
Pretty slick. Going to the Cape next week, perhaps side boosters will still be "parked". I'd love to see them.

Reactions: ICUDoc and nwdiver
Is it the camera angle, or did it look like one of the boosters came down a little hard? Looked to be a little off axis on its landing. The one in the background of this screen grab.
Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 5.52.34 PM.png

Couldn't watch during the launch today but just saw the replay. Wow, was that mission a thing of beauty. Beautiful camera work and the timing with daylight and the cameras was perfect. Congrats SpaceX team on the perfect return of all 3 boosters and successful deployment of the payload. I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching the drone ship landing but the side boosters at nearly the same time on the launch pad is mesermizing. Use to think of this :D as the Tesla Grin but this also doubles or triples for a SpaceX grin :D:D:D

I watched from a chartered boat just outside the exclusion zone. The rocket went almost straight overhead, the side boosters re-entry burns were overhead, and we stared at the landed boosters the whole way back to Port Canaveral. I didn't bother taking pictures as there were people with much better cameras and skill, but here was our position. Highly recommend seeing a launch this way. The boats were organized through the spacexmeetups Slack group.
Screenshot_20190411-182126.png

Happy to see the fairing halves were recovered, but unclear if they got wet or not. I suspect they did. Interesting to see Elon saying they will be reused.
He followed up in another tweet that they were recovered from the sea (no net) but were undamaged.

If SpaceX is going to reuse them for cheap starlink launches they might have lower quality standards then some outside client who has a gazillion dollar satellite on the line.

He followed up in another tweet that they were recovered from the sea (no net) but were undamaged.

If SpaceX is going to reuse them for cheap starlink launches they might have lower quality standards then some outside client who has a gazillion dollar satellite on the line.

Mr Steven has been armless for a few weeks now, and didn't participate in today's recovery. GO Navigator and GO Searcher both grabbed a half I believe.

I think I remember Elon saying something a couple months ago about possibly being able to use ones that soft landed in the water instead of trying to catch them.

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW