Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Touché ... Here is a short list of potential additions from Electrek :cool:

- Adjusting charge Amperage remotely
- Set charge end time
- Charge scheduling
- Preheat timers
- Activate Heated Seats/Steering Wheel/Defrost
- Quicker connect/load time
- Close/control all windows
- Monitor and record from cameras (especially if hit/robbed)
- Park the car (on private ground)
- Recall car from parking (on private ground)
- Notification in case of rain and sunroof is open or just auto close sunroof.
- Stop the car (if stolen park into the right side).
- Sound notifications on android and which event to be notified on.
- Set individual driver/passenger temperature
- Activate Heated Seats/Steering Wheel/Defrost
- Preheat the Battery for Max Battery (Ludicrous)
- Open/Close Garage Door
- Only set valet mode on 1 vehicle instead of all vehicles
- Quicker connect/load time
- Preset your audio choice
- Determine which Driver Profile to set by Phone location to the car

Typical TMC sequence of events:

1. Speculation of new features posted on news web site.
2. Features discussed on TMC.
3. Features assumed to be minimal baseline for upcoming update.
4. Update released.
5. TMC users irate because features promised by Tesla not delivered.

IMG_0472.JPG
The car now tells you when the touch screen becomes frozen

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Typical TMC sequence of events:

1. Speculation of new features posted on news web site.
2. Features discussed on TMC.
3. Features assumed to be minimal baseline for upcoming update.
4. Update released.
5. TMC users irate because features promised by Tesla not delivered.
Don't forget, step 6, disappointment.

Also, just about half of those, @SG57 has implemented in his Dashboard for Tesla Android app.

• Helpful
Reactions: ig_epower and SG57
Thanks @supratachophobia for the plug. I am genuinely surprised an efficient Camper Mode cannot be enabled from within the car itself, particularly when the technology is proven with Tesla's own Cabin overheat protection, and the many 3rd party solutions.

Another thing I'd like to see is a more flexible charge schedule, so you can schedule not just start and stop times, but also start and stop conditions.

I like the idea of a plug-in reminder, but the very nature of the reminder means it should be done remotely through the app. Or maybe honk the horn annoyingly if it detects it's at home and not plugged in by a certain time etc.... Hmm I'm gonna add that honk horn bit to the app's existing Plug-In Reminder now actually haha I like it!

Someone else mentioned that 2.46.16 adds a checkbox for the chimes when doing auto open or close with homelink.

Today it 'unset' itself during my drive - left and it autoclosed with a chime, arrived home and it auto opened without the chime. I looked and the checkbox was now clear

Yeah mine won't stay set from one drive to the next... So if I want it to work, which I do, I have to remember to turn it back on each time I get in the car... Certainly not ideal and quite frustrating...

Jeff

Yeah mine won't stay set from one drive to the next... So if I want it to work, which I do, I have to remember to turn it back on each time I get in the car... Certainly not ideal and quite frustrating...
Sometimes people ask why every little thing in the UI can't be configurable. This is why. I mean, sure, definitely, they shouldn't get dumb stuff like this wrong -- but it's harder to get something wrong if you don't make it configurable to begin with.

Also noticed with 2.46.16 that my SAS lowering speed has changed slightly. It was 35 and 48 (contrary to the manual which still states 22 and 35). now it is 35 and 44!

So I still often drive down to the local store and the car is still set to Very High because I never got above 35 (I have to have it on VH for my driveway and garage entry)

New Or they could hire people with basic competency to get simple stuff right the first time.
Well yeah, I think I said that. But "don't write bugs in the first place" has never been a very realistic standalone QA strategy. It's just a piece. (And since you brought up testing, exactly -- the more toggles, the bigger your test matrix. But this isn't anything hasn't been said before on TMC a few million times, my bad for bringing it up again I guess.)

Edited to add: It's not only the basic competency of the individuals, of course. As -- or more -- important is having an organizational structure that allows them to do good work. Hiring a bunch of rock stars and telling them to do the right thing scales to a few tens of people, after that you're better off with an outstanding organization and average workers (I mean, it would be even better than that to have an outstanding organization and outstanding workers, duh). All of which is to say, I'm not so quick in my mind to say "ah, the programmers at Tesla are all crap". It may well be many/most of them are just fine but the overall dev organization is broken. I realize this is not a comforting thought, sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: mblakele
Or they could hire people with basic competency to get simple stuff right the first time.

And what about testing? I think this must be the Tesla UI development guy:

View attachment 203291

Here is what I expect has happened (for the entire history of Tesla putting out code):

Feature Roadmap: We want this feature set by Date X
Current Date: X-20wks

Code Development: We can definitely include features 1-n and may be able to work on features n-N
Current Date: X-18wks

Code Development: We have sprints set up for the next several weeks with final commits at X-3wks for testing
Current Date: X-17wks

Code Development: We have hit our sprint goals for features 1-n, excepting this feature, and have made progress on features n-N
Current Date: X-15wks

Elon Announces Major Software-related update in the next couple months, enhancements coming soon

Code Development: We require no less than 14wks to finish and properly vet our code
Current Date: X-14wks

Code Development: If we make the decision now to stop development on features n-N and compress unit and integration testing we may make the deadline
Current Date: X-10wks

More Hype about new Software

Code Development: We need more time
Current Date X-5wks

Code Development: We can commit code for a subset of features 1-n in two weeks
Current Date: X-3wks

Push to Fleet: Random roll-out using VIN voodoo and service tickets
Current Date: X-1wks

Bug Fixes
Current Date: X through X+20wks

Note that this is not limited to Tesla ;)