Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Ocean... ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fisker Ocean -- What's do you think the chance of one of these ever gets delivered.

As a design, I love it. I plunked down $250 as a why not. Will I ever see it ? I have grave doubts. Is there anything that would make one think this would ever actualy get made, delivered, and function correctly ?

Right. So figure maybe 5000 the first year. They claim 50k reservations. They double production every year. Lets say 25k people actually want the car. That puts it at 2023+3= 2026. Cany they survive that long ? Actually double production ? Will we ever actually see one in person ? I don't know.

Hey @spsheridan do you have a a report on that solary + powerwall setup - is it working out ?

Right. So figure maybe 5000 the first year. They claim 50k reservations. They double production every year. Lets say 25k people actually want the car. That puts it at 2023+3= 2026. Cany they survive that long ? Actually double production ? Will we ever actually see one in person ? I don't know.

Hey @spsheridan do you have a a report on that solary + powerwall setup - is it working out ?
Powerwall installation is scheduled but not yet started so I can't report on results yet. But everyone I've talked to says that the Powerwall integrates well with other solar installations, including our Enphase inverters/controller. I went to a friend's house with the same setup as I will have and he showed me the information available on the Tesla app showing the power from/to the grid, power from solar, and power to/from the battery. It's the type of info I was hoping to see so I think it'll be fine. I'll report back after the installation is complete.

Reactions: pipestem
The fact that the Fisker Ocean will be manufactured by Magna gives it a huge increase in likelihood of becoming a real product that people can buy in significant volume. Mr. Fisker is a good designer, but history has shown that he doesn't really have the ability to set up sustainable manufacturing. Like Elon says, prototypes are easy - production is hard. Magna has the ability to produce good vehicles and has people on staff to make sure that no stupid designs get through to manufacturing. You definitely can't say that about the Fisker Karma.

Reactions: KJD
Fisker Ocean -- What's do you think the chance of one of these ever gets delivered.

As a design, I love it. I plunked down $250 as a why not. Will I ever see it ? I have grave doubts. Is there anything that would make one think this would ever actualy get made, delivered, and function correctly ?

Has anyone in the queue actually received a car?

Incredibly and unlike say Rivian, they have actually bothered to price their vapourware in pounds sterling for a RHD market.

Even more astonishingly, I actually plonked down a deposit in the vein hope one might actually materialise before 2026….

• Funny
Reactions: tm1v2 and pipestem
Fisker expects the Ocean to receive European homologation by April 28, 2023, which will allow it to start customer deliveries in the region thereafter. The EV maker will open the first European Fisker Centers+ in Vienna and Copenhagen on April 11, with additional Centers+ and Lounges across Europe and the US to open throughout 2023.

Fisker is also claiming that they can get 440 miles on the WLTP test cycle. What would that convert to on the EPA test cycle ?

Fisker Ocean Has 440-Mile WLTP Range, More Than Any EV SUV In Europe