Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four Years, 107K Miles, Still Grinning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

omarsultan

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2013
Northern California
Yesterday was the 4-year anniversary of this happening...

IMG_2373.jpg

So I don't get repetitive, here is the thread from my 3-year anniversary.

The intervening year has been pretty uneventful:
  • I am at 107K miles now
  • The car still charges to 249/250 @ 100%
  • Still on the original brake pads
  • Charging and driving patterns have not changed
Repairs:
  • Had some battery fault (Rockin called me proactively) and they sent my battery pack to Fremont for repairs for a few weeks. They gave me a loaner 85 kWh pack in the interim that charged to 265 miles again, but TBH, I really did not notice the extra 15 miles. (covered via the powertrain warranty)
  • Driver's side door handle died @ ~95K miles -- first door handle failure for me (covered under ESA)
  • One of the rails for the driver's side seat developed some play (i.e. the seat wiggled a bit when I got in). Since Tesla does not have individual seat components, they replaced the entire driver's seat. (covered under ESA)
  • Replaced windshield--caught a rock (covered out of pocket)
Wear and Tear:
  • The interior still looks great, no excessive wear and the paint has held up well (other than the aforementioned chips on the nose and hood)
  • Looking ahead, I will eventually need to replace both headlights as they have developed cracks (road debris). My SA says I can hold off until I start to see water intrusion.
  • If I feel like splurging, I might see up upgrading the seats to next-gen seats for better support--the original seats have held up well

That's about it. Boring, but I think boring is good. :).

Still loving the car and have no plans on trading it in anytime soon. Maybe for a next-gen Model S or next-gen Roadster. My wife's MX P90D has all the bells and whistles, but oddly, the only think I covet from her car is the auto-closing door when you step on the brake pedal. :)

Last edited:
Still loving the car and have no plans on trading it in anytime soon. Maybe for a next-gen Model S or next-gen Roadster. My wife's MX P90D has all the bells and whistles, but oddly, the only think I covet from her car is the auto-closing door when you step on the brake pedal. :)

I hit the handles on my S and it takes a nano second before I realize the doors aren't going to open for me......and I still get in and hit the brake to close it. :rolleyes: But I love my S more than any car ever owned! Congrats to you!!!

Reactions: 365gtb4
I hit the handles on my S and it takes a nano second before I realize the doors aren't going to open for me......and I still get in and hit the brake to close it. :rolleyes: But I love my S more than any car ever owned! Congrats to you!!!

Me too! After driving my wife's X, I'll get in my car, press the pedal and stupidly look at my door wondering why it did not close.