Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont Factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably nothing new to this crowd, but some video I ran across of the factory. Please do not forward all over creation-- this is for you guys only.

TESLA file - YouTube

It's for us only? But it's on youtube? Ummm, that's not exactly *private*. Not to mention the b'zillion lurkers here on TMC who read posts and pick up links and post links elsewhere and ... nevermind.

Seriously? You thought this was a private place to post it?

I'm not sure what is being shown in that video. Are those some final checks before delivery? Who shot that? I suspect those shots are not "officially authorized".

I think it's just B-roll file footage. Like what would be played with a voice-over during a newscast.

It's for us only? But it's on youtube?

I'd guess he meant only for us nerdy enough to find it interesting. Count me among the nerdy.

"Please don't forward" = reverse psychology?

I'm under no illusions that it was truly private-- but it was unlisted so the only place to get the link would be here.
Seems like a simple enough request that didn't require further comment.

Nothing proprietary in it, was shot by a news crew, I just didn't personally shoot it so the usage rights are a bit of a grey area.

Try to do something nice... but nevermind. I'm yanking it.

News footage does have copyrights. The clip wasn't monetized and was probably used nationwide during the "burning" coverage but would have been cut down from this file clip-- which I carefully further limited to less than 60 seconds. YouTube does have an unlisted setting that requires the specific link to be shared (not searchable) thus limiting circulation, which was the precaution I used.

I don't think anyone reasonable would be bothered by that limited sharing for a noncommercial purpose-- but as was alluded to above, this place is infested with malicious trolls and I don't need the hassle if one targeted me. It's easy to forget that not everyone is reasonable.

I guess I was still feeling the "glow" off the Tesla Christmas story.

EDIT__

MODS can pull this thread as far as I'm concerned. Kinda pointless now.